Vancouver, British Columbia
Competitive Salary and Benefits
Architecture and Design - Multi-family, Mixed Use, Commercial, Hospitality
This is a great opportunity for a Registered Architect looking for their next career transition to be a part of a reputable mid to large sized company. This role will focus on working collaboratively with project teams, particularly in the initial stages of projects and also through all project phases.
Their projects expand throughout North America and are progressing and growing further as the firm develops. With a number of new projects in the pipeline, they are in need of additional talent.
As a registered architect with the AIBC, you will be involved in the following:
• Work energetically with the project team in planning work and developing solutions to technical and design detail problems.
• Work with establishing, maintaining, and adherence to project budget and schedule.
• Supervises the preparation of technical drawings by other less experienced architects or professionals.
• Prepares client presentations and presents design concepts and drawings.
• Ensures that construction detail documentation conforms to QA/QC and Best Practice standards.
• Incorporates Integrated Sustainable Design solutions into projects.
• Mentors and directs the work of less experienced staff
• Fosters and maintains a collaborative professional working relationship with the Project Leadership Team
• Writes reports and memos to consultants and vendors to issue changes and track resolutions.
• Reviews completed reports, plans, estimates and calculations for coordination.
• Participates in team meetings to help resolve project issues, coordination with other disciplines, schedule adherence, and technical issues.
• Participates in project reviews regarding project costs, budgets and adherence to schedule.
• Communicates in a clear, concise, and professional manner at all times, both verbally and in writing and will have regular interface with clients.
• Applies proper QA/QC methods throughout the project.
This candidate will have the following aspects;
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
- Master’s Degree in Architecture, AIBC Designated (Registered in Canada/British Columbia)
- Proven track record with large projects, ideally in the multi-family and commercial, concrete steel construction projects
- Experience working with technical programs like Vectorworks, AutoCAD, and REVIT are absolute assets
- Detailed approach to project management with an entrepreneurial mindset in developing a team and leading projects forward through to completion
- High energy, innovative thinking and a dynamic approach to design and leadership a must
- Passion for design and architecture with a strong leadership approach to execute a team mentality
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Excellent compensation and benefits plan
- Strong leadership team with a hands-on and supportive approach
- Growing and developing firm that offers opportunity to progress your career further
- Excellent designs, innovation and new projects throughout North America
- Fantastic culture and collaboration throughout all teams
Please apply directly if you believe you are the right candidate.
Keywords: Architect, Vancouver, British Columbia, AIBC, Registered Architect, Intermediate Architect, Burnaby, Kitsilano, Downtown Vancouver