Residential Drafter & Designer
Competitive Salary and Benefits
Other titles: Residential Drafter, Drafter, Intermediate Drafter, Intermediate Designer, Architectural Technologist, Architectural Technician, Design Technician, AutoCAD Drafter, Homebuilder Designer
Our client, a very well-established and successful home builder in Edmonton, is seeking an additional Intermediate or Senior Residential Drafter & Designer to join their dedicated team. This company is known for their commitment to excellence in design and home building, their strong collaborative culture and have a community-focused approach in all that they do. This role would be an excellent opportunity for a talented drafter & designer looking for a long-term fit.
The responsibilities of this role include:
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Develop and prepare designs and working drawing packages, create new models, prepare details for standard or customized items
- Applying for, monitoring and processing architectural approvals and building permits
- Building Pockets – helping sales to determine pocket size for allowable house width as well as garage orientation on lot
- Complete full set of drawings, architectural site plan, elevations, foundations, floor plan, sections and details
- Adjusting grades as per the provided plot plan, making sure everything works properly and adding additional siding, steps, etc. where applicable
- Submitting for Architectural Approval and making any necessary changes that may arise upon that review, while also notifying Sales so they can make the clients aware
- Understand client requirements and prepare conceptual plans & designs for their approval
- Assist project managers & sales staff with pre-qualification & tender submission packages
- Coordinate drawings with all consultants
- Ensure drawing files & folders are kept up-to-date and organized for easy retrieval.
- Taking care of lot inspections as required for architectural approvals
- Reviewing Truss and Joist layouts for accuracy, adding pad and beam pocket sizes to foundation plan
- Provide ongoing suggestions for improvement, coinciding with continual learning and industry knowledge
WHAT YOU GET IN RETURN
- Educational background in Drafting or Architectural Technology
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the residential construction industry
- Experienced using AutoCAD
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Ongoing learning of overall industry, including building materials, construction methods & standards
- Knowledge of building code an asset
This company has been successful for many decades and offers a collaborative and friendly work environment. They offer you a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits program, and plenty of opportunities for professional growth and development.
WHAT TO DO NOW
If this position as a Residential Drafter & Designer in Edmonton sounds like a great fit for you and if you meet the criteria outlined above, please submit your resume as this role is being hired ASAP. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates who meet the requirements of the position listed above will be contacted.
Keywords: Residential Drafter & Designer, Drafter, Intermediate Drafter, Intermediate Designer, Architectural Technologist, Architectural Technician, Design Technician, AutoCAD Drafter, Homebuilder, Edmonton, Alberta, Calgary, St Albert