General Manager – Electrical Contractor
Eastern Ontario – Western Québec
A privately-owned family-oriented electrical installations, services and solutions provider serving the Eastern Ontario and Western Quebec construction and renovation market. Since the 70s, they have been safely delivering electrical services and installations in the Industrial, Commercial, Institutional and Residential market segments.
BE YOUR OWN BOSS! If you are a self-disciplined and motivated individual, have an entrepreneurial mindset and have the desire to make a huge difference in your everyday workday, this position may interest you.
The General Manager is responsible to carry out the mission, plans and initiatives as set out by the board of directors to achieve the goals and objectives of the Company’s strategic plan. He/she will provide planning, direction, supervision, and coordination of all aspects of the administrative and construction functions as well as provide technical direction necessary to fuel and sustain the company's growth and profitability objectives.
Some of the General Manager responsibilities include:
- Build, lead and manage a team of over 25 employees.
- Build and manage relationships with partners, team members and customers.
- Lead business development and marketing initiatives.
- Oversee estimating and project management activities.
- Ensure projects are delivered safely, within agreed upon timelines and with highest quality standards.
- Implement strategies for sustained and profitable growth.
- Manage project and operational budgets.
- Ensure that company operations are functional, have the proper tools, equipment and the right number qualified staff in place given the workload of the Company at any given time.
- Assist with budgeting and project cost forecasts.
- Oversee client relationships including timely invoicing and cashflow management.
- Ensure employee adherence to company policies and procedures, including federal, provincial, and local laws and regulations.
- Implement, promote, and enforce the Health & Safety Program of the Company
- Have the drive, self-discipline, and motivation to lead the entire operations of an organization.
- Have at least ten (10) years’ experience in a senior management position or senior project manager position in the construction industry, preferably with an electrical contracting firm.
- Hold a professional engineering degree (P.Eng) in Electrical Engineering.
- Gold Seal Certificate (GSC) or Project Management Certificate (PMP) are assets.
- Must be a dynamic individual, who is 100% quality and customer oriented, with the ability and skills to mold and motivate a team of dedicated operations employees.
- Have excellent knowledge of the local electrical contracting market in Eastern Ontario and/or Western Quebec.
- Have direct project management or estimating experience of medium size electrical installation projects in the Institutional, Commercial, Industrial and/or Water/Wastewater industry valued between $250,000 and $10,000,000.
- Demonstrate superior leadership, motivational and mentoring skills.
- Have strong management, negotiation, and problem-solving skills.
- Have excellent communication skills in French and in English (oral and written).
- Be service and results oriented.
- Be able to read, understand and interpret contract documents, construction drawings, specifications, electrical diagrams, scopes of work and project schedules.
- Be eligible for security clearances and possess a valid driver’s license.
- Have superior working knowledge of MS Office suite, including Word, Excel, and Outlook and MS Projects.
- Competitive employee compensation
- Health, Dental, Vision and Disability benefits program
- Employee Family Assistance Program
- Matching RRSP program
- Profit sharing
- Performance and merit-based recognition
- On the job training
- Health and Wellness
- Education reimbursement program
- Professional and career development opportunities
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas