General Manager - Kelowna
National Real Estate Investment firm
Our client, one of Canada’s largest REITs, with approximately 10 million square feet of retail properties across Canada under management, is looking to bring on a General Manager
for one of their top retail properties located in beautiful Kelowna. Our client provides a competitive base salary plus bonus and immediate enrollment in their pension (RRSP matching program) and benefit plans.
This is a great opportunity for someone that is looking to make a move within the Kelowna market or that is interested in relocating to sunny, beautiful wine country!
The General Manager will be responsible for executing the company’s strategic plan in every aspect of the property including financial, marketing, leasing, and operations. The GM will be accountable to tenants, customers, employees and key stakeholders. You will be responsible for leading, mentoring and training direct reports through goal setting and open communication style. You will liaise with other departments to ensure that financial and service goals are met and exceeded and will mediate escalated issues to find a positive resolution. Due to this being one of the company’s top properties in the portfolio you will be required to develop positive relationships within the community through engagement in community events and in turn being a strong face for the company.
WHAT TO DO NOW
- Formal Education and/or Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field
- BOMI courses or certifications
- Provincial Real Estate License preferred
- RPA, CPM, CSM or similar designation an asset
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in commercial property management with progressive levels of responsibility
- Minimum 3 years experience managing & leading a team
- Must be a strategic and focused individual who is committed to achieving goals using strategic plans and effective management skills
- Ability to work well within time constraints and able to effectively prioritize in a high demand environment
- Analytically minded with ability to learn quickly and adapt to new situations
If you believe this position could be the perfect fit for you, apply now. We thank all applicants, however, only those who meet the requirements of the position above will be contacted.
Keywords: Commercial Real Estate, Property Management, Retail, Kelowna, Interior BC
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas