Technical Training Instructor
Toronto, Ontario · Education
This is a full-time, salaried position with generous compensation.
We offer premium health, dental, vision insurance and flexible paid time off.
About the Role
Our Technical Training Instructors
have the greatest direct impact on our program participants, and we are hiring like-minded individuals to support our program expansion. As an Instructor, you will manage a class of approximately 35 students with STEM backgrounds to become job-ready over three months. Instructors will deliver technical curriculum, provide feedback to students and create a positive learning environment.
- You are passionate about teaching and mentoring and are able to resonate with our mission
- You have demonstrated professional experience working with web app development and data engineering
- You have a no-fail attitude and love working with a big cross-functional team
- You are compassionate and able to work with a broad range of students
- Deliver full-class instruction in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Lead small-group and one-on-one sessions for students in need of additional review
- Monitor progress and answer the team’s questions in a timely manner
- Grade student work; offer robust written and verbal feedback to students
- Spearhead workshops and activities that respond to the needs of the cohort
- Build and refine curriculum materials
- Assess individual students and support forecasting efforts to meet org goals
- Provide continuous feedback and conduct regular follow-ups with the group
- Web development or data engineering (e.g. Spark and Hadoop)
- Deep expertise working with Java, Spring Boot, RDBMS/SQL, Docker, Hadoop, and Spark
- Passion for teaching and mentorship
- Strong work ethic and reliability
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas