Canadian Real Estate Development & Property Management firm
Competitive salary plus Project Management & Leasing incentives
Our client is one of Canada’s largest privately owned Commercial Real Estate Development and Property Management firms with over 2.5 billion of assets under management across Canada. They span all industry sectors including retail, office, industrial and residential and bring a strong track record of completing client projects from start to full occupancy.
As General Manager you will be responsible for a portfolio of just under 700,000 square feet (with potential to grow), encompassing primarily office, retail, commercial condo and a small amount of industrial. You will have five direct reports including a Property Manager, Property Administrator and three Building Operators. The position reports into the VP, Operations for the West. In this role some of the responsibilities include:
- Oversight of all operations, capital expenditures, budgeting, staffing, marketing and public relations.
- Hire, train, and oversee all staff in relation to client attraction and retention, new and lease renewal negotiations, as well as property analysis, project management, development, and tenant improvements.
- Liaison with real estate brokers on new leasing activities pertaining to the properties within the portfolio.
- Oversight of all invoicing pertaining to accounts payables and accounts receivables.
- Review and provide variance reporting for financial reports to owners and prepare Annual Budgets.
- Perform other related duties and special projects as assigned by senior management.
WHAT TO DO NOW
- Minimum of 10 years property management experience, a mix of commercial and residential would be an asset.
- A RECA License will be required.
- Must have strong business communication and financial acumen.
- Excellent leadership capabilities and experience in the oversight of a team.
- Capable of effective time management and able to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong knowledge of property management principles, leases, laws, procedures, and standards.
- Strong working knowledge of insurance, risk management, environmental codes, mechanical, electrical, plumbing and other systems pertaining to the management of real estate.
If you believe this position could be the perfect fit for you, please submit your resume below. We thank all applicants, however, only those who meet the requirements of the position above will be contacted.
Keywords: General Manager, Fee Management, Commercial Real Estate, Calgary
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas