Position: Manager, Governance (Executive Administration)
Location: Toronto -current WFH
Salary: $78,000-$80,000 plus excellent benefit package
Industry /Business: Not For Profit
Our client in the Not for Profit
sector has an immediate need
for a Manager, Governance to join their growing team in their Toronto office. This is a new position!
About our Client:
Our client offers support, information, programs and education to people, their families and caregivers to increase public awareness, promote research and to advocate for services needed.
About the Job:
The Manager, Governance works with the CEO to ensure effective administration of the organization’s governance procedures. This role provides research and best practice analysis to the CEO and Board of Directors for priority governance projects. This role liaises with the Leadership Team, staff and members of the Board and its committees.
- Working in conjunction with the Executive Assistant, provides support and manages Board of Directors and committees work and project plans, agendas and takes initiative for Board projects
- Organizes Board of Director and ad-hoc meetings, including the preparation of meeting agendas and appropriate background materials.
- Identifies and ensures implementation of action items from Board and committees.
- In conjunction with the PMO, ensures that projects are completed in a timely manner
- Keep public facing governance related content up to date on the website.
- Coordinates the processing and tracking of by-law and regulation revisions, including requirements for publication and submission to government.
- Reviews and benchmarks all governance policies to ensure currency and conformity to current governance standards and best practice.
- Develops and monitors budgets for the Nominations Committee, Governance Committee, Annual General Meeting and approves associated expenses.
- Bachelors degree in Administration, Project Management, or related field of study is required
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills and demonstrated experience dealing with individuals at all levels in a professional environment.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to deal effectively with sensitive and complex issues, and with a variety of key stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently or collaboratively as required.
- Advanced knowledge and experience using MS Office. Project Management software experience an asset.
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas