ARCHITECTURAL DESIGNER - TECHNICAL
Competitive Salary & Benefits Package
Architecture, Design and Engineering
Other titles: Architectural Design Technician, Technical Designer, Architect, Senior Designer
Our client, a leading Architectural, Engineering and Design firm, is seeking a Technical Architectural Designer who will combine their technical knowledge and strong sense of design to produce exceptional design solutions by collaborating with other professional disciplines to ensure client scope and design vision is met.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Develops technical designs and edits architectural drawings to ensure an exemplary solution is delivered that meets quality parameters, project timelines, and budgetary requirements.
- Performs design activities such as programming, code research, material and building systems research, laying out program components, and calculation of program and building areas
- Evaluates site conditions and performs site surveys
- Reviews project products, services, and shop drawings
- Processes permit response letters and coordinates revisions with engineers and consultants to obtain necessary documentation and permits
- Coordinates with contractor, sub-consultants, or relevant building authorities to address and document issues with constructability or owner concerns
- Comply with accepted project management methodology; document and manage scope, work effort, budget, cost controls, schedules,
- Integrate engineering requirements, site surveys and field review information, adhering to applicable codes and jurisdictional requirements
- Attend meetings to coordinate drawings and resources, determine project criteria and provide information,
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
- Post secondary education in Architecture or Engineering. M.Arch an asset
- 6+ years' experience as an Architectural Designer/Technician, Design Engineer or Architect with strong experience in design
- Proficient in architectural and design software skills (i.e. AutoCAD, Revit, SketchUp, Photoshop etc.//0
- Familiar with Mechanical, Electrical, and Structural permits and building codes
- Experience working on large and complex projects in mixed use, institutional, public sector, commercial and multi-family projects
- Demonstrate creativity in design and leadership skills
- Prior experience in project management, project delivery, client management is required
- Demonstrate an ability to coordinate with other team members
- Membership with a relevant professional architectural association is an asset
- Excellent, entrepreneurial company with a strong collaborative team and amazing reputation in the industry
- Competitive compensation and benefits plan
- Opportunity for professional growth and development with opportunity to lead and implement new strategies
- Amazing opportunity to work directly with the Senior Leadership team on strategies to develop the company further
- Please apply directly if you feel like you are the right candidate and are excited about this excellent opportunity.
WHAT TO DO NOW
If you believe this is the right postition for you and you meet the requirements above, please click apply. Only candidates who meet the criteria will be contacted.
Keywords: Architectural Designer, Technical Designer, Senior Designer, Engineering Designer, Architect, Ontario, Toronto, GTA, Architecture
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas