Architecture and Design Firm
Competitive compensation package
Other Titles: Registered Architect / Highrise Architect / Architect / Design Architect
TalentSphere has partnered with a well established and reputable Architecture firm with an office in Calgary, Alberta, to find a talented Architect to join this leading firm.
This firm has a collaborative culture where they create sophisticated designs for large and complex projects across Canada. Projects include large residential/multi-family towers, mixed use towers, high rise, commercial and hospitality projects.
As an Architect or Project Architect you will be working on a range of high rise, mid rise, mixed used and commercial projects. Tasks and responsibilities will include and not be limited to:
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Contribute to all phases of design, working collaboratively with clients and project teams
- Attend client meetings and work with project proposals, budgets and fee schedules
- Anticipate from your experience, key planning and development issues early in a project which may impact the designs schedule, cost effectiveness, constructability, and be able to communicate those concerns to the Partners and Client
- Analyze building-zoning code for active & potential projects, work with municipality guidelines with regards to projects and consultants.
- Some knowledge of both in office and out of office contract/construction administration including the processing and review of shop drawings, issuance of additional information and drawing revisions is preferred
- Prepare development application approvals
- Create full working drawing packages and construction documents
- Foster collaborative relationships with clients and stakeholders
- Provide leadership and mentorship to junior staff, review work from junior staff
- Work with senior leadership to create best practices within the office and improve project processes and workflow
- Produce detailed reports and proposals where needed
WHAT YOU GET IN RETURN
- You bring exceptional creativity and superb technical knowledge in large and complex projects - some mid rise/high rise experience is strongly preferred. If no high rise experience, then other, large complex project experience is essential.
- Building and project performance are top priorities for you.
- You are open-minded, collaborative and enjoy experimentation and well-considered risk taking, which complements your strong building science and technical skills.
- Your communication skills are excellent and enable you to establish and maintain project criteria and communicate it to project teams
- You possess a good understanding of development application approvals
- You have and maintain high quality standards, and have a proven track record for delivering inspired design within tight deadlines.
- You are proficient, if not an expert, in Revit and ideally Bluebeam as well
- You have a Master of Architecture degree (preferred) and are registered with AAA or eligible for registration.
- You want to be continuously challenged and supported, while progressing your career and developing your skillset
- Possess good knowledge of building codes and bylaws
- 8 to 15 years of experience, with experience working in the Alberta market preferred
- Based in Calgary or willing to locate to Calgary, Alberta
- Opportunity to work for a fantastic Canadian Architecture firm, well managed and well established
- Opportunity to step directly into a leadership role and contribute to the operations of the firm
- A competitive salary and compensation package
- Opportunity to work on some high profile projects
- Extended health care benefits including dental and vision care
Keywords: Architect, Registered Architect, Calgary, Alberta, Red Deer, Edmonton, Multi-family, high rise, Design, Project Architect, AAA, Design Architect
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas