Vice President, High-Rise Residential Construction
Builder / Developer
Competitive Salary & Benefits package + Bonus
We are proud to be partnering exclusively with a leading builder/developer to assist in finding a Vice President of High Rise – Residential Construction for their office in Vaughan, Ontario. This extraordinary opportunity will suit an individual working in a similar role or a seasoned and entrepreneurial Senior Construction Project Manager who is looking to take the next step in their career and spearhead the growth of the team and the residential high rise department as new projects are recently underway within this company. Our client is well established and reputable and possesses an excellent and diverse portfolio of projects across the country. They pride themselves on collaboration, team orientation, and have an excellent company culture with low turn over and an environment where hard work and commitment are rewarded.
Reporting to the Vice President of Operations, the VP of High-Rise Residential Construction will oversee all high rise multi-family construction activities, provide leadership to Construction Managers, General Contractors, subcontractors and oversee all aspects of projects throughout the various phases of development, across multiple projects simultaneously.
In this role, you will use your management skills, leadership experience, collaboration, networking, and entrepreneurial skills to spearhead the growth and development of the department and team including project managers, estimators, site superintendents, etc., and work alongside senior leadership to continue expanding their portfolio of work in this sector and support organization-wide initiatives.
You will create and implement internal systems from the ground-up to manage and execute the high-rise residential construction within the company. The successful candidate will work closely with the development team, including the Vice President Residential Development, to provide input, feedback, and coordination during the design and development phases, including coordinating and managing consultants, and will be actively involved in the development process.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
- A minimum of 12+ years of Construction related experience in Canada, Real estate development, and Architectural experience will also be considered.
- At least 4+ years of experience working in high rise residential construction (working with large multi-family residential projects 7 to 30+ stories high).
- Degree or diploma in Engineering, Construction, Architecture, Project Management, or related field is required.
- Strong and proven experience working in leadership, managing and mentoring teams, guiding multiple projects through conception, design development, and completion.
- Strong organizational skills to oversee the execution of various phases of the projects, including project initiation: requirements gathering, scope definition, creation of budget and schedule, staffing, and strict review/implementation of construction management contracts.
- Strong problem resolution skills, ability to identify, monitor, and manage project issues and risks
- Oversee and monitor budget feasibility analysis, schedule, design coordination, contract negotiations, procurement, risk assessment and mitigation, value engineering, and construction
- Consistently implement process improvement initiatives; ensure an entrepreneurial approach is taken throughout this process.
- Collaborate and work with cross-functional teams and business units across multiple departments
- Able to manage multiple, large projects simultaneously
- Knowledge of construction and business software, including scheduling, estimating, and spreadsheets.
- Superior communication, client liaison, organizational and time management skills; ability to take initiative, problem-solve, negotiate, mentor, and demonstrate a strong sense of urgency and follow-up and carry multiple projects through to completion.
- An outstanding opportunity to work for a leading company and oversee the execution of some excellent developments
- Extensive opportunity for professional growth and development – potential to transition to partner level
- Excellent compensation and remuneration package, including bonuses and an extensive range of benefits
- A collaborative, team oriented culture that takes care of their staff
- Work with a superior management and leadership team within a very reputable company
If you believe this position is well suited to you and you meet the requirements listed above, apply now! Or call Laura Shalev on 5873337929 ext 712 for a confidential discussion. The position will be hired in March/April 2021. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those who meet the requirements above will be contacted.
Keywords: Vice President - High Rise Residential Construction, Vaughan, Ontario, Senior Project Manager, VP, Multi-family Construction, Residential Construction, Developer, Builder, Executive, Director, Lead, Brampton, Richmond Hill, Toronto, GTA, Construction Project Manager