Job Title: Associate Manager -Finance
Industry Sector: Accounting & Financial Services
Salary: negotiable plus benefits, flexible work and HUGE growth potential
Our fast growing Financial Services client is seeking an experienced Associate Manager to join their professional services company in a leadership role in the Toronto area.
About our Client:
This new company has been on fire since inception! They offer financial outsourcing services (CFO, Controller and Bookkeeping) to SME’s, private equity, venture capital firms, pre-IPO, public companies, and real estate companies. They take extreme pride in the services they provide and the value they deliver and they are needing a like-minded experienced Manager to join their leadership team.
About the role:
The Associate Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day oversight of clients’ records (according to IFRS/ASPE) as well as detailed review of client month-end reports and financial statements. You will also be responsible to mentor, train, and supervise the junior accountants. Duties include:
About the candidate:
- Participate and contribute to internal management decision making including strategic planning, execution, and implementation
- Oversight and management of client files, i.e. cash flow management, budgetary control process, and forecasting
- Review and approval of financial statements for both public and private entities, including audit working papers under IFRS/ASPE
- Ensure the timely and accurate filing of government filings, financial statements, and MD&A
- Manage relationships with investors, banks, and other key stakeholders
- Documentation, implementation and maintenance of appropriate internal controls, procedures, and processes (client and firm)
- Coordinate and communicate with clients’ public accountants/auditors
- Roll-up the sleeves whenever necessary to perform detail tasks including administrative, day-to-day record keeping, invoicing, payables, etc.
- CPA, CA designation with a minimum of 5 years progressive experience in audit, financial reporting and corporate tax preferred
- Strong command with ASPE and SMB reporting experience
- Familiar with IFRS reporting; ability to produce financial statement notes and MD&A for public clients
- Strong technical software skills including cloud accounting ie: Quickbooks Online
- Excellent communication written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal and people skills
- A desire to grow and become a leader/partner in the company
Apply here or send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for more info!