3-5 years of buying/procurement experience (Grain preferred)
Strong knowledge of specialty grains
Very Attractive Base Salary + Benefits + RRSP matching program + 3 weeks Vacation
Benefits and RRSP eligibility are immediate !!!!!
Our client, a leading specialty crops manufacturer located in Regina, SK, are looking for a talented buyer of agricultural commodities (60-65k) who is responsible for procurement of specialty crops and pulses in Saskatchewan that can be processed at their facilities. If you have experience of Procurement/buying or Sales of grains/agricultural commodities this could be your next great move. There is an attractive commission structure attached to this position that would want to learn more about. High earnings potential at the junior, mid or senior levels is very attainable.
The company has a very strong leadership team to motivate coach and lead you to success. They have a strong foothold on the market and are continually growing. This is a great place to work to either develop your career or take your career to the next level.
What we are looking for
- Growing and maintaining the company network of farmers in Saskatchewan to purchase pulses and specialty crops.
- Continuously scouting new relationships with farmers/growers. This includes cold-calling and on-site visits you will be reimbursed for all work travel.
- continuously negotiate with farmers and other suppliers to procure commodities
- Have a keen eye for potential growth opportunities.
- Travel to visit farmers on a regular basis.
- Provide market information and feedback to the rest of the Trade/Procurement team
- Assist with driving volume to facilities
- Liaise with Logistics team to efficiently deliver inbound and outbound products
- 2-5 years of procurement or sales experience in agricultural commodities or related services
- knowledge of specialty crops markets
- Proven ability to develop effective working relationships (both internal and external)
- Proven ability to take initiative and problem-solve
- Able to work independently, within company policies and guidelines
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Strong attention to detail
- Good understanding of CGC grading guide for pulses
- SGS Training / Quality certifications an asset
- Knowledge of weight and volume conversions
Ability to travel frequently within Saskatchewan and to surrounding provinces as needed
We are looking for a person who is passionate and energetic about their field as this will shine through in their work deliverables. If you have the relevant experience, please apply. We should talk.