Relocate to Vancouver, British Columbia
Salary: $65,000 - $85,000 depending on experience
Architecture and Design Firm
Similar titles: Design Technician, Architectural Technician, Revit Operator, Revit Technician, Senior Technologist, Technical Architect, Job Captain
One of our clients, a well established and reputable Architecture and Design firm in Vancouver, B.C, with a mid sized office, is currently looking to add an additional intermediate or senior architectural technologist to join their team. This Architecture firm work on a wide variety of project types including commercial, institutional, healthcare, public sector, residential and mixed use disciplines.
Relocate to Vancouver, B.C and enjoy are busy industry and plenty of opportunity for professional development.
As an architectural technologist / technician, you will be technically strong and work with team members throughout all phases of the production process. Day to day duties include and are not limited to the following:
• Contribute to the coordination and preparation of complete working drawing packages and construction documents for pricing and building permit submission.
• Interpret and implement Zoning By-laws along with other applicable regulations
• Validate that designs and deliverables confirm to company and client standards, the BC Code requirements, and other applicable regulations.
• Give input to proposals and designs issues, using problem solving skills to overcome technical challenges
• Produce rendered visualization material, including plans and elevations, when required.
• Work collaboratively with team members, clients and consultants.
• Attend project team meetings.
• Visit job sites to gather essential data for the design and implementation of projects when required.
As a dynamic member of the team, you will user your experience to pier review the work of junior staff in the office on occasion, and coach and mentor them to lead a successful team in the production department.
The ideal candidate will have the following credentials;
WHAT YOU GET IN RETURN
- Architectural Technology Diploma/Certification
- 7+ years' experience as an Architectural Technologist in an Architecture or design firm, with at least 5 years of experience coming from within Canada or North America
- Strong experience working with Revit is absolutely essential. Experience with AutoCAD, MS Office and MS Project is an asset
- Experience working with commercial, institutional, public and mixed use projects is preferable.
- High attention to detail, accurate and precise worker
- Contract administration experience preferred
- Knowledge of B.C local bylaws and building codes an asset
- Good knowledge of construction principles and building envelope
- Excellent communication skills to effectively work with clients and project teams
- Must be able to work in the office in downtown Vancouver
- Opportunity to work for a very well managed company that operates with integrity, a collaborative and supportive work culture
- Work alongside a dynamic team of talented professionals.
- Be involved in large scale, complex projects; receive support for furthering education/professional skills
- Competitive compensation package
- Great downtown location
If you feel this position could be the right fit for you and you can relocate to Vancouver, B.C, please click apply and submit your resume as soon as possible. We thank you for your application, however, only successful applicants who meet the requirements of the position will be contacted
Keywords: Architectural Technologist, Architectural Technician, Job Captain, Vancouver, British Columbia, B.C, Calgary, Alberta, Revit Operator, Senior Technologist, Architecture, Design