Senior Transportation Engineer
Langley, British Columbia
Other titles: Traffic Engineer, Highway Engineer, Transportation Design Engineer, Intermediate Transportation Engineer, Transport Engineer
TalentSphere is partnering with a leading consulting firm in Western Canada, to find a talented and skilled Senior Transportation Engineer for their office in Langley, British Columbia.
This company have been recognized for their excellent management and service delivery and provide an outstanding environment for their employees.
The successful Transportation Engineer candidate will be motivated, have solid technical skills and a strong knowledge of the transportation engineering industry in B.C.
In this role you will take on leadership responsibilities across design, project management and client management. You will be a registered Engineer, seeing projects through from initial stages through to completion and signing off on projects.
Responsibilities include and not limited to:
- Liaise with clients and maintain client satisfaction through various phases of the project, manage expectations whilst ensuring client project requests are being met
- Manage and mentor project teams and liaison with internal disciplines including traffic and road safety, municipal engineering, structural design, as well as with other departments
- Design of roadways, highways and other transportation projects; review design from peers
- Project management of projects of all sizes, including scope, schedule and budget transportation projects.
- Produce reports and review budgets, schedules and timelines
- Provide engineering design solutions to address project issues and constraints to achieve client project objectives.
- Produce and review project construction cost estimates, risk registers, contract documents and specifications.
- Business development through client meetings and other network and industry engagement
- Provide design review during construction through to completion of post-construction drawing records and documentation.
- Contract administration and site visits
WHAT TO DO NOW
- 10 to 15 years' of industry experience, with at least 5+ years experience from BC.
- Familiarity with BC Ministry of Transportation and MMCD formats are an asset
- Possess a Masters Degree in Engineering
- Professional designation (P.Eng.) in BC
- Familiarity with project lifecycle and deliverable requirements for multi-discipline transportation projects
- Experience working on large, multi-million dollar transportation projects within B.C
- Possess a Drivers License
- Excellent communication skills and client liaison skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong mentorship and leadership skills; experience managing project teams
- If you believe this is the perfect position for you, click apply now, or contact Laura Shalev on 587 333 7929 ext 712 for a confidential discussion. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those who meet the criteria above will be contacted
Keywords: Transportation Engineer, Kelowna, Surrey, Langley, Coquitlam, Vancouver, British Columbia, Richmond, B.C, Design Transport Engineer, Transportation Design Engineer, Highway Engineer, Lower Mainland, Traffic Engineer, Senior Transport Engineer