Senior Manager, Estimating
Construction - High-Rise
We have partnered with one of Canada's most prominent and well-respected homebuilders to manage the Estimating department for the company's growing high-rise division.
This is rare opportunity to work within a strongly emerging market with a very large and renowned builder and developer. This company is large enough to have well-established structure and systems but small enough not to be bogged down by bureaucracy and red tape. This firm offers plenty of room for growth and a collaborative, fast-paced but balanced work environment. People are proud to work here.
What You Bring
- Manage the estimating process for new and existing high rise projects
- Work with Estimating team to prepare complete and accurate estimates for multi-million dollar high rise projects
- Prepare & update quarterly budget revisions & journal entries for all projects
- Track all costs from concept to closeout
- Maintain relationships with architects, engineers, consultants, sub-contractors and vendors
- Provide support for other department personnel as required
- Collaborate with multiple departments, work closely and regularly with senior executive team
- Maintain list of preferred suppliers for field rental, miscellaneous equipment and supplies and review annually.
Why work here?
- University or College Degree in construction related discipline
- 8 to 10 years or more of High Rise construction experience in a Quantity Surveyor or Estimator capacity required;
- Previous team leadership, development and performance management experience required.
- Exceptional organizational & communication skills,
- Strong leadership and relationship management skills
- A proven track record of building strong trade relationships;
- Computer literacy, with strong knowledge of MS Office
- Proven capability to work in a fast paced environment, working both independently & under pressure.
- Must be able to work out of Toronto and Vaughan offices
This is an opportunity to join one of Canada's most renowned homebuilders. They offer a productive team environment, great leadership and a very generous compensation package.
Senior Quantity Surveyor
Senior Estimating Manager