Project Manager - Power Generation, Cogeneration
Newark, New Jersey, USA
Competitive Salary and Benefits
This is a fantastic opportunity for a junior Project Manager to join a growing and developing team in Newark, New Jersey area. This large international company has an incredible reputation and is looking for a knowledgeable Project Manager to join their growing team. This role is perfect for candidates who enjoy a variety of job duties and client facing communications, while still heavily applying technical knowledge.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our global client has been delivering efficient energy & power generation solutions for 40 years in 20+ countries.
You will be joining one of the leaders in the industry, known for running large projects with an excellent team. The company continues to rapidly expand their operations in North America and offers competitive rates and long-term career growth.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
To succeed as the Junior Project Manager, you will ideally bring 2 years of proven experience in project management within the energy or industrial sectors, with a technical background and understanding of electrical and mechanical trades. You will be forward thinking and a problem solver with the ability to deliver all project requirements from start to end. Your scope of work and tasks will be as follows:
- Manage all contract duties and obligations, meet project requirements while managing costs, timing, scope, change orders, documentation, quality issues & customer satisfaction and reports, escalating to management as required.
- Work in conjunction with the Project Management department manage every step of new & existing projects and coordinate all of the activities of the involved teams/departments.
- Assist in definition and project scope and objectives with all relevant stakeholders.
- Identify the activities needed to successfully complete the project by coordinating internal resources and third parties/vendors for the execution of projects by activities, time, cost and equipment.
- Identify vendors for local supply necessary for he execution of the Project, issue RFQs, support internal procurement processes and finalize local purchases.
- Review the quality of work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that standards and requirements are met
- Successfully manage client relationships
- Coordinate commissioning activities and schedules
- Travel to stakeholder's offices and job sites as needed for meetings, onsite installations and commissioning supervision and for any other requested purpose falling within the Project Manager's responsibilities
- Provide support to the Sales team for local inspections and to optimize the technical solution based on projects/cost requirements and during the drafting of the sales offer ensuring there is a balance among technical solutions, cost and customer requests.
- Provide support to the Project Engineers for the local supply plan and for the optimization of the technical solution.
- Provide support to headquarters for local law requirements.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
- Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or Project Management.
- Proven working experience (2 years minimum) in Project Management
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- Excellent negotiation with clients and suppliers
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and multi-tasking capabilities.
- Availability for travel
- Good knowledge of MS Project
- Reputable company with a strong collaborative team and amazing reputation in the industry for investing in employee development
- Competitive compensation and benefits plan
- Great opportunity for advancement
- Strong culture and passion for service
Please apply directly if you feel like you are the right candidate and are excited about this excellent opportunity!
Keywords: Power Generation, Industrial Power Generation, Cogeneration, Renewable Energy, Generator, Mechanical Engineer, Electrical Engineer, Electromechanical Engineering, Project Management, Project Manager, Cogeneration Installations, Biogas, Green Energy, Energy Solutions, Plant Installations, Energy Jobs, Cogeneration Jobs, Generator Installations, Generator Maintenance, Gas Engines