Outside Sales Representative
Territory - East Bay/North Bay
$high base, lucrative commission plan, strong benefits, car
My client is a well known building materials distributor with a deeply established reputation in Northern California. Their brand, combined with the exclusive, historic lines which they represent are synonymous with quality, superb customer service, and professionalism which is unmatched in the industry. These elements have allowed them to thrive as a business for nearly a century.
Due to an upcoming retirement, my client is seeking to backfill this key territory with an experience Outside Sales Representative who has previous experience working with building products, interior finishes or construction project management (client facing). This role will be responsible for identifying and developing relationships with both new and existing customers in the region which range from local SME to large commercial players.
Individuals need to be entrepreneurial, goal-oriented, professional, and relationship-focused, who are also motivated the ability to earn generous commission on top of a high base. Days in this industry start early and will be spent on the road calling on customers, but little overnight travel is required.
- Previous experience working for a multi-line distributor or custom fabricator (project management or sales side), ideally in the field of millwork or wood supply, cabinetry, decorative surfaces or closely related interior finish (counter-tops, tile, laminate, K&B fixtures, stone, etc). Other building products also considered.
- Goal oriented and able to work independently towards targets and objectives
- Disciplined sales methodology and excellent time management
- Above average problem-solving ability and business acumen
- Genuine and authentic ability to build and maintain relationships with customers over the long-term
- Full valid license and clean driver record is required
- Some experience using a CRM system and general computer use (Office365)
If you are interested in finding out more about this unique opportunity and employer, please apply via the TalentSphere website.
Thank you for your interest.