5 years of production management experience
Strong knowledge of furniture manufacturing
200k + Sq Ft Facility
$75,000 Base Salary
Very Attractive Base Salary + Benefits + RRSP matching program
Our client, a leading furniture manufacturing business located in Toronto, ON, are looking for a Talented Production Manager (75k) who is responsible for providing the direction and leadership for a Large production team (60) staff. If you have experience managing a production team in the furniture industry, this could be your next great move. The company is known for growth and promoting within with skilled tenured employees. They distribute to all the major high-end furniture retailers in Canada and USA.
They have fantastic leadership and are very strong mentors and are looking for the same characteristics for the Production Manager.
This is a fantastic position if you are looking to join a great business with a strong focus on customer retention who are well respected in the industry and always put their customers first.
The chosen candidate will have strong experience with Production Management, preferably in furniture.
1. Ensure that production targets are met on time on a daily basis.
2. Monitor and control production quality.
3. Work towards greater efficiency, lower cost and higher profitability.
- Amplify productivity and efficiency within production.
- Identify areas of process improvement projects aiming to reduce shipping times.
- Guide and mentor staff, and identify new target and goals for production.
- Source and implement new tools/procedures, work methods or new equipment to increase flexibility and productivity of staff.
- Innovate off existing methods of manufacturing products in order to reduce costs.
- Partner with the production team to identify/investigate reoccurring delays in production and resolve.
- always on top of production standards to identify solutions to improve operational performance overall.
- Coach, lead, and mentor line supervisors to ensure production targets and achieved and identify labor requirements, skills and training.
- Contribute in structuring and implementation of new policies/processes, equipment.
- Contribute/develop the facilities process and written procedures, operational procedures and quality control procedures. There will also be a need for involvement outside of the above.
Who we are looking for.
- Strong interpersonal skills with Peers and Management
- Must be strong in oral and written communication.
- Must be a leader. Must be relatable and show initiative.
- Positive attitude and skilled at problem solving.
- Must be strong with production philosophies such as Lean Manufacturing, 5S, Six sigma.
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas