Senior Architect Lead
Architecture and Design Firm
Salary Negotiable depending on experience
Other Titles: Architectural Lead / Architect / Associate Architect / Lead Architect / Highrise Architect / Studio Lead
TalentSphere has partnered with a well established and reputable Architecture firm with an office in Calgary, Alberta, to find a talented Senior Architect to be the Studio Lead for this dynamic firm.
This firm has a collaborative culture where they create sophisticated designs for large and complex projects across Canada. Projects include large multi-family, mixed use towers, high rise, commercial and community projects.
As a Senior Architect and Studio Lead, you will be overseeing the Calgary office in conjunction with other senior leadership within this company. Tasks and responsibilities will include and not be limited to:
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Manage multi-disciplinary design teams and lead teams (together with the Client and/or Constructor) through Design Development (DD) and Construction Documentation (CD)
- Review appropriateness of fees for various project types and review of proposal templates, terms and conditions including indemnification needs and work scope clarity
- Establish quality control methods, ensure use by all and develop techniques for process improvement and project documentation for the office.
- Provide design guidance, mentor-ship and leadership throughout projects and maintain architectural design and production standards and procedures.
- Anticipate from your experience, key planning and development issues early in a project which may impact the designs schedule, cost effectiveness, constructability, and be able to communicate those concerns to the Partners and Client
- Analyze building-zoning code for active & potential projects, work with municipality guidelines with regards to projects and consultants.
- Knowledge of both in office and out of office contract/construction administration including the processing and review of shop drawings, issuance of additional information and drawing revisions, and be comfortable providing their services at site meetings
- Manage a team of technologists, architects and designers; mentor staff and encourage a high level of work etiquette and service delivery
- Manage the preparation and coordination of project documentation towards Design Development, Building Permit, Sequential Tenders, Construction, and Review site revisions as required
- Produce detailed reports where needed
WHAT YOU GET IN RETURN
- You bring exceptional creativity and superb technical knowledge in complex projects - some mid rise/high rise experience is essential.
- Building and project performance are top priorities for you.
- You have strong leadership skills, can break down a bold vision into actionable challenges, and enjoy coaching and managing your team of young architects to achieve extraordinary design solutions and outcomes.
- You are open-minded, collaborative and enjoy experimentation and well-considered risk taking, which complements your strong building science and technical skills.
- Your communication skills are excellent and enable you to establish and maintain project criteria, communicate it to project teams, and manage projects with confidence and ease while ensuring design intention is maintained throughout all project phases.
- You have and maintain high quality standards, and have a proven track record for delivering inspired design within tight deadlines.
- You are proficient, if not an expert, in Revit and Bluebeam
- You have a Bachelor of Architecture; Master of Architecture degree (preferred) and are registered with AAA or eligible for registration.
- You want to be continuously challenged and supported, while progressing your career and leading and growing in an architectural practice committed to excellence and pushing at the edge of invention
- Possess good knowledge of building codes
- At least 10+ years of experience, with experience working in the Alberta market preferred
- Leadership experience or potential for leadership
- Based in Calgary or willing to locate to Calgary, Alberta
WHAT TO DO NOW
- Opportunity to work for a fantastic Canadian Architecture firm, well managed and well established
- Opportunity to step directly into a leadership role and contribute to the operations of the firm
- A competitive salary and compensation package
- Opportunity to work on some high profile projects
- Extended health care benefits including dental and vision care
- If you believe this excellent opportunity in Calgary is the right opportunity for you, apply now or contact Laura Shalev for a confidential discussion of your resume and the opportunity on 5873337929 ext 712. We thank all candidates for their application, however, only those shortlisted and who meet the criteria above will be contacted.
Key words: Senior Architect / Lead Architect / Studio Lead / Architect / AAA / Calgary / Edmonton / Alberta / Highrise / Multifamily / Architecture