Health, Safety and Environment Specialist
Competitive Base Salary + Benefits + Bonus
Our client is a well-known manufacturer of food products. With a wide range in their offering, they have become a household name synonymous with great quality and the finest flavours. Due to continued growth in their business, our client is seeking a motivated and experienced Health, Safety and Environmental Specialist to take on this key role within their team.
Reporting into the HSE Manager, the Health, Safety and Environmental Specialist will drive all health and safety initiatives within local manufacturing sites. The Health, Safety and Environmental Specialist will be responsible for the implementation of both existing and new training programs and compliance.
- Take part in JHSC committees to motivate change and solutions to site challenges
- Compile and conduct data and permit updates
- Train staff on legislative requirements and update plans, policies and procedures
- Work closely with HR to support injury case management and personal medical cases
- Review and discuss all near-miss data with management and front-line staff
An ideal candidate is hard-working, ready to tackle a challenge and grow professionally with the company long-term.
- Diploma or Certificate in Health and Safety or related field
- Working towards Canadian Registered Safety Professional designation or similar
- Minimum 2 years experiences working in a manufacturing environment (food manufacturing preferred)
- Advanced skills in MS Office tools, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with HSE-related software
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Attention to detail and strong communication skills required
- OSH training preferred