Project Controls Lead - Major Pipeline Project - AB & BC
Competitive Salary and Benefits
- Project Controls Specialist / Manager
- Senior Projects Controls Advisor
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced Project Controls person with solid major linear construction projects experience. The PC Lead is responsible for all matters relating to cost capture & allocation, forecasting and reporting to facilitate timely decision making & positively influence project results, through trend analysis, risk mitigation & opportunity identification to improve schedule & margins. The PC lead work closely with Commercial, Scheduler and Project Manager.
A good Project Controls Lead candidates will likely have many of the following attributes:
- 5+ years progressive major linear construction project controls skills & experience - some pipeline projects experience would be an asset but not essential
- 2+ years of Project Controls project or functional leadership experience managing / mentoring 2+ PC people
- Solid construction contractor experience is desired (verses solely with engineering firms &/or operating companies)
- A relevant projects degree ie, engineering / project management, commerce, Quantity Surveyor
- A CCP (Certified Cost Professional) &/or PMP would be an asset - other projects professional designations would also be considered ie, CCM, CPCM, RICS
- Ability to read / understand relevant construction documents including contracts, drawings, specifications, subcontracts, construction codes, standards & practices
- Proven understanding of estimating, cost control, scheduling & project management theories, methodologies & industry norms
- Proficient knowledge in MS Suite (Office, Power Bi), Hard Dollar, Accounting software & Primavera 6 - knowledge Tilos or Microsoft Power Apps would be considered an asset
- Strong communication skills - verbal & written
If you wish to learn more about role and be considered for this excellent career opportunity apply with your resume.