Senior Civil Hydrotechnical Engineer
Vancouver, British Columbia
Multi-disiplinary Engineering Firm
Other Names: Senior Water Resources / Hydrology Engineer
Our client, a reputable and busy engineering firm with an office in Vancouver, is currently seeking a Senior Hydrotechnical Engineer with civil project experience. This company work with a wide variety of mining and hydroelectric projects and are seeking an individual who is dedicated to collaborative and diverse team work and is looking for a long term fit.
You will work both in the office and on in-field assignments with other engineers to complete hydrodynamic modelling and water management planning. You will oversee hydraulic design and have input into hydrometeorological data collection and analysis. This position will also have you doing water balance and watershed modelling, and you will use your knowledge and skills for streamflow and climate data collection. You must have some leadership and mentorship skills to assist and oversee junior staff.
WHAT TO DO NOW
- You must possess a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Civil Engineering
- Must have your registration with the EGBC as a professional engineer, or be eligible for registration.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience related to hydrologic and hydrodynamic modelling, hydrometeorologic data collection and analysis, water management, and hydraulic design is required.
- Excellent team work and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to travel domestically and some international travel (potentially in the future)
- Committed, reliable and team player
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, click apply now. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those who meet the requirements above will be contacted.