PROJECT MANAGER - POWER GENERATION
An incredible opportunity for a Project Manager from either the Energy or Industrial industry to be part of a progressive and growing international with Canadian operations based in Guelph, Ontario. The Project Manager will cooperate with various teams to define the project scope and objectives and be involved in providing technical solutions during all phases of projects in Canada.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our client is a rapidly growing international company with a presence in 18 countries and nearly 1000 employees. As an industry leader in the cogeneration sector, they are progressing and growing with new projects and local opportunities in development. With a dedicated team and a great focus on collaboration within their staff they have established a reputation within the industry as solid long-term market performers.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The Project Manager will meet the project requirements including cost management, timing, scope and quality issues. The Project Manager will maintain relationships with clients and coordinate information with the Project Management Lead to optimize the flow of information and ensure the activities of the involved teams/departments. Responsibilities include;
- Cooperate to define the project scope and objectives, with all relevant stakeholders (COO and International Offices – Project Management, Engineering, Administration)
- Identify the activities needed to successfully complete the Project by coordinating internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects by activities, time, money and equipment
- Provide support in the identification of vendors and issuance of RFQs for local supply necessary for the execution of the Project, support internal procurement processes and support the Purchase office to finalize local procurement.
- Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within scope and within budget by monitor and track process
- Manage changes orders, project schedule and project costs
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards
- Write reports on the project management
- Successfully manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive projects documentation
- Coordinate installation and commissioning activities and schedules
This candidate will have the following aspects;
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
- Engineering University degree (electrical or mechanical)
- Proven working experience (5 years) in Project Management, preferably in the Energy or Industrial Sector
- Technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in electrical and mechanical
- Capability to give valuable technical support during the pre-sales phase
- Excellent client-facing and internal communications skills
- Excellent negotiation skills with clients and suppliers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organizational skills including attention to details and multitasking capabilities
- Availability for business trips to Projects’ sites across Canada
- Availability to visit other foreign branches (Americas) as the business may require.
- Good knowledge of MS Project
- Work with an industry leader
- Competitive compensation and benefits plan
- Amazing opportunity to work directly with the Senior Leadership and move into work with a great team developing a strong brand
Please apply directly if you feel like you are the right candidate and are excited about this excellent opportunity!
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas