Senior Project Manager
Real Estate Development
Residential Mixed Use
Terrific opportunity to make the transition from CM to Developer!
Senior Project Manager Position Description:
Leads, directs and coordinates the overall management of multiple projects. Is accountable for total project delivery including planning, execution, and monitoring, to ensure compliance with safety, quality, budget, and schedule requirements.
Senior Project Manager Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain Master Project schedule with input from Project Superintendent and subcontractors using either MS Project or Primavera P6.
- Ensure all contracts and subcontracts are issued in accordance with the schedule.
- Provide breakdown of initial cost code allocation for review and acceptance of internal team.
- Hold and lead financial start up meetings with internal stakeholders to ensure cost code allocation is understood and correct.
- Setting up projects, including administration set-up, document control, monthly progress and KPI update documents.
- Establish and complete preconstruction planning activities including look ahead schedules, HS&E, quality, procurement, construction logistics and Project Execution Plans.
- Develop labour and equipment forecast in conjunction with the Superintendent and Estimator.
- Support the estimating team during the cost Plan and tender process.
- Ensure all team members have read and understood project objectives, including project specifications / agreements and head contract requirements.
- Create the record of events, ensuring all document control requirements are up to date and detailed in nature.
- Prepare all scope of work for Company and subcontract work.
- Prepare and issue all subcontracts and follow through to execution of the subcontract with the Subcontractor.
- Obtain all permits and local authority permission to build, as required by the contract.
- Execute quality management program.
- Support the Superintendent to drive productivity on the site.
- Complete initial subcontractor start-up meetings.
- Conduct internal construction project start-up meetings to ensure contracts and scope are aligned with project goals and head contract requirements.
- Review drawings and submission requirements prior to submissions.
- Review all subcontract submissions to ensure compliance with contract documents, codes and standards.
- Ensure compliance with all Occupational Health & Safety Acts and Construction Safety Act regulations applicable to the Province in which the project is being executed.
- Establish and monitor construction work schedules including “look ahead” schedules.
- Update and maintain weekly Master Project Schedule and ensure Superintendent look-aheads are aligned. Monitor productivity rates and subcontractor planned vs. actuals in the schedule.
- Hold regular subcontract progress meetings and track progress.
- Review all RFIs and change order requests to ensure completeness and clarity prior to submission to client and owner representative.
- Ensure all work meets or exceeds federal, provincial and municipal laws and standards.
- Ensure site operation is following the requirements of the Inspection test plan and quality control procedures.
- Hold and lead biweekly meetings with the client or owner’s representative. Provide detailed minutes, review outstanding RFIs, change order requests, conflicts, possible delays and risk register.
- Manage financial requirements for the lifecycle of the project, including revenue forecasting, billing, invoicing and approval of payments.
- Manage all subcontracts including monitoring notification periods and value increases. Manage payments, promptly settle disputes if they arise and perform subcontractor performance evaluations.
- Prepare monthly external and internal reports as per the project procedures handbook and requirements of the contract.
- Ensure all insurances, licenses, bonds, LOC, certificates are in place and renewed when required.
- Ensure compliance with all environment regulations and policies.
- Ensure commercial terms, head contract and legal obligations required by the project are followed at all times.
- Manage and assess risk for the duration of the project.
- Implement and monitor Project Execution Plan, including manage cost report, conduct monthly WIP meetings; Develop Commissioning plan and meetings; implement labour relations agreements; manage change; inspection; test plan; facility turnover and achieve substantial performance.
- Administer and ensure adherence to all applicable labour agreements and labour standards.
- Allocate work, where applicable, and provide direction to the Project Coordinators in the planning and execution of the project as it relates to: customer relations; RFIs, scope of work, extra work orders, issue logs, NCRs (quality), deficiencies, administrative distribution, commissioning, as built documentation, LEED and close out documents.
Post Construction Management
Senior Project Manager Qualifications:
- Manage the timely completion of any deficiencies and issues related to the warranty period.
- Ensure timely total completion of project including contractually and financially.
- Notify client of requested changes and action plan to obtain completion.
- Complete project close-out report; and conduct a close out meeting with the client.
- Close project.
Senior Project Manager Salary:
- Undergraduate degree engineering or construction management
- 10+ years’ professional experience as a Residential Project Manager
- Accomplished in delivering projects under a variety of contract types including Construction Management, Design Build, and Hard Bid
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously and meet the time demands of unpredictable activities, capable of handling pressure and challenges
- Proven ability to ensure the successful completion of projects, their profitability, and retaining owners as continuing clients of the company
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills demonstrated through delivering presentations, negotiating, and communicating to a variety of stakeholders including clients, management, and site employees
- Ability to work within tight deadlines and prioritization of work to achieve them
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency and strong commitment to achieving goals; ability to work in challenging, fast paced environment
- Superior written and verbal communication skills at multiple levels: client/owner representative, construction site
- Additional hours may be required from time to time to meet ongoing requirements of the project
Competitive compensation, robust benefits, health & wellness programs, learning / development / growth opportunities, project stability and diversity
Similar Job Titles:
Senior Project Manager
Construction Project Manager
Residential Project Manager
Only applicants with the legal right to work in Canada can be considered for this opportunity.
We thank all those who express interest in this opportunity however only those short-listed we be contacted.