5 years of B2B or B2C Selling will be of high interest
2-3 years of sales management experience or supervisor experience
Strong knowledge of plumbing and HVAC
$75 to $80K
Very Attractive Base Salary + Benefits + RRSP + KMS covered for any travel
Our client, a construction / building materials business located in Belleville, ON are looking for a Talented Branch Manager (75-80K) who is responsible for providing the direction and leadership for a sales team (font desk, inside sales, order picking, estimators) If you have experience managing a team in retail construction / building materials / sales this could be your next great move. The company is known for growth and promoting within. They have fantastic leadership and are very strong mentors.
This is a fantastic position if you are looking to join a great business with a strong focus on customer retention who are well respected in the industry and always put their customers first.
The chosen candidate will have strong experience within a building materials retail environment as Branch Manager.
About the company.
Our client is one of North America’s leading full distribution Plumbing - HVAC providers with a 100,000 sq ft facility. This is regarded as one of the main branches with many leaders in and out of the facility. If you are looking for a position where you can prove your worth and get noticed, this is a great opportunity for you to shine. The selected candidate will be responsible for managing a mixed bag of approximately 16 staff incl; Order desk, Inside sales, Estimators, Counter Staff. The company and division are growing and we are in need of a strong candidate to take the lead.
About the Job
Reporting to the Regional Sales Manager, the Branch Manager will motivate and guide an outstanding sales team and build and grow the location to continue to be the market leader.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Leadership & Coaching
- Supervision of the branch in terms of efficient utilization of resources (human, equipment, systems. supplies etc.)
- Responsible for the continued development of staff by identifying training needs and developing staff skills.
- Responsible for cross-training of personnel to ensure critical areas are covered.
- Supervises and initiates continuous improvement programs intended to increase effectiveness.
- Receive calls and correspondence regarding customer issues and prepare action plans to ensure the issues do not re-occur.
- Responsible for participating, planning, communicating and implementing promotional activities eg: Counter days, special promotions, and product information seminars/training.
- Ensures that training and performance appraisals are complete and documentation is completed concerning training, disciplinary actions etc.
- Responsible for compliance and enforcing established policies and procedures.
- Liaison with the warehouse operations team to reduce loss, and ensure efficiencies of operations.
- Responsible for developing budget proposal for branch in areas of human resources, systems etc.
- Recommends and suggests ideas to generate growth for the branch as well as recommends ideas to problem-solve any issues regarding the branch.
- Responsible for meeting branch goals and performance according to financial ratios.
- Responsible for the security, and health and safety of employees, customers and visitors to the location.
- Appoints and trains appropriate backup personnel while he/she is away on holidays and/or absent.
- Executes any other duties required to perform the position and/or requested by his/her immediate supervisor.
- Ensures all customers, accounts and complaints are properly managed
- Ensure Inside Sales Representatives are aligned with strategy and developing a strong pipeline of quality prospects
- Ensures a strong understanding of market and strategy to succeed
- Travels as required helping to develop markets
- Manages and cultivates key strategic relationships
- Share and opening new accounts that grow profits and improve margin
- Develops and update game plans for obtaining new business with prospects & upside accounts.
- Ensure accounts are reviewed on a monthly basis to identify up-selling opportunities or problem/inactive accounts that require action plans.
- Ensure Regional Sales Manager is aware of problem account lists along with plan of action to bring business back to the company
- Identifies key strategic business opportunities and proactively pursues them
Responsible for the accuracy of branch activities involving order taking and customer satisfaction. If errors occur this may mean loss of customers and sales.
Frequent contact with Employees, inside sales, warehouse, Branch departments, sales personnel, Branch Managers.
Proficient in Mincron
Working knowledge in MS Office (excel and word). Supervisory related training & development programs
Health and Safety
Must be familiar with section 27 1,2 of O.H.S.A See Below.
Duty 1 – Covered under Sec 27(1)(a) “The worker must be in compliance”
The first duty the Occupational Health and Safety Act lays for the supervisor is that he or she must ensure that the worker works in compliance with the Act and the regulations. The Act states that a supervisor ought to know the regulations based on the industry.
Duty 2 – Covered under 27(1)(b) “The Employer’s Rules”
As per this duty, a supervisor has to ensure that a worker has to use or wear the right equipment, protective devises, or clothing that the employer requires to be used or worn. Moreover, a supervisor has to ensure that the worker uses or wears the protective equipment beyond what the regulations prescribe, which is a vital element since the regulations may not cover all workplace hazards
If you have the skill set for this position we should speak.