Full time, Permanent, Salaried
ABOUT OUR CLIENT:
Our client, one of the most recognized fully integrated deep foundations contractors in Canada has partnered with TalentSphere to secure an experienced and knowledgeable GENERAL SUPERINTENDENT to oversee multiple projects across Western Canada. Our client is backed by one of the largest construction brands in the world. With unlimited international inhouse resources available through 80 different subsidiaries, there is not a project that is too large or too technically challenging for this team!
WHAT WILL YOU BRING?
- Ensure Safety, Quality, and Production on all civil projects
- Organization of field staff requirements and accountabilities
- Represent field construction team in various project stakeholder and project management meetings.
- Mentoring and coaching project supervisors
- Leads planning efforts with site supervisors
- Supervise and direct construction projects in strict accordance with the contract documents
- Oversee project milestones as they relate to achieving dates and deadlines for project schedules
- Analyze specifications and construction drawings as required
- Reviewing cost reports with supervisors to analyze and determine solutions and correct any tasks that are not within budget.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
- Post Secondary Degree or Diploma in Civil Engineering, Civil Engineering Technology, construction Management, or other related discipline.
- 10-15 years supervising field crews within a deep foundations or geotechnical construction company.
- Must demonstrate proven leadership who is highly motivated to the overall success of projects.
- Able to read blueprints, schematics, field drawings and plans
- A solid understanding of all workplace safety guidelines.
- Strong understanding of labour standards and employee relations.
- Excellent organizational, administrative, communications and interpersonal skills.
- Top industry wages
- Benefit from the power of a global leader
- High level of autonomy and flexibility
- Exposure to a wide variety of projects (small local work to challenging mega projects)
- Excellent Benefits Package
- Start ASAP
Please apply directly if you feel like you are the right candidate and are excited about this excellent opportunity!