Health and Safety Manager
Competitive Compensation Package
Our client, a leader in their field, plays a crucial role supplying essential manufacturing services for the building and construction industry.
With operations extending throughout North America, the Health and Safety Manager plays an integral part in meeting program goals within the HSE group. These range from injury prevention, environmental safety, occupational health and safety, return to work programs, and implementation of safety initiatives and policy.
This is a management position that oversees all activities of the OHS department.
- Ongoing planning, development and implementation of occupational health and safety policies and procedures
- Stay abreast of health and safety legislation and optimize internal programs accordingly
- Develop annual plans regarding organizational safety needs - implement programs regarding hazard assessment and other legislation
- Act as the internal and external face of the company in relation to HSE matters
- Oversee the management of WSIB/WCB incidents and injuries, including claims management and insurance
- Coordinate and provide guidance and direction to the occupational health and safety team
- Working with staff managers, take charge of return to work programs ensuring all guidelines are met
- Follow MOL guidelines regarding accident reporting and investigations; implement appropriate training throughout the business
- Develop safety program orientation for new and existing employees
- Regular and annual health and safety audits and inspections
- Manage the OHS budget and coordinate appropriate supplies throughout the business
- Work with the Joint Health and Safety Committee
- Maintain updated policies and the company Health and Safety Handbook
- Support wellness and safety initiatives
- 5+ years’ experience as a Health and Safety Manager ideally within a plant manufacturing environment
- Competent communicator able to influence and demand a strong Safety Culture
- Public facing - this position has extensive interaction with internal and external stakeholders
- ISO Knowledge/certification an asset
- 5S Lean Manufacturing principles
This is a busy and exciting opportunity. If you are ready for a new challenge in a leading organisation, then apply now.
Applicants may be subject to a criminal background check.
Only candidates with the legal right to work in Canada can be considered.
Full job description will be provided to short-listed applicants.
Recruiter: Peter Humphrey - 416.900.3435x700