Manufacturing - Afternoon Shift
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Our large North American manufacturing client is seeking a capable and dynamic Production Manager to lead their Woodbridge facility. The Production Manager is critical in driving operational excellence and and profitability throughout plant operations. The position is responsible for managing groups of employees in a department, planning for production requirements, maintaining production goals, implementing manufacturing processes and continuous improvement initiatives; ensuring safety requirements are met and maintained as well as overseeing departmental inventory levels. The ideal candidate is a team player, focused on people development and performance of the operation.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Directs and manages manufacturing operations with responsibility for production, maintenance, quality and other production-related activities to achieve effective and efficient use of facilities and team members
- Provides leadership for employee relations through effective communications, coaching, training and development in a way that supports a positive work culture and models the company’s vision and values
- Encourages culture of safety and deploy programs to ensure that each facility develops and is implementing a strategy to achieve world class safety levels.
- Establishes and monitors overall plant performance for safety, production and quality standards, working closely with Managers and Safety Teams.
- Coordinates plant activities through strategic planning
- Trains, develops and mentors team.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to achieve continuous improvement objectives
- Develop and deploy appropriate plant processes in support of the company’s strategic vision
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
- Prior manufacturing operations leadership experience is required; building materials manufacturing experience is an asset
- Some related post - secondary education is preferred.
- Prior experience leading in a union environment is required
- Knowledge and experience in production and manufacturing process improvement techniques and methodologies.
- LEAN manufacturing and/or production process experience is an asset
- Must be able to work the afternoon shift and to occasionally work overtime
- Superior motivational skills and the ability to train, and drive initiatives to the production team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills along with a sense of urgency and personal accountability
- Mechanical aptitude as well as basic computer knowledge (Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook) would be required.
- Excellent, stable company with a strong collaborative team and amazing reputation in the industry
- Competitive compensation and benefits plan
- Opportunity for professional growth and development with opportunity to lead and implement new strategies
Please apply directly if you feel like you are the right candidate and are excited about this excellent opportunity!