Bilingual French/English must have.
Previous export freight forwarding experience is a must.
CIFFA level 1 is a must, they will pay for level 2.
Very Attractive Base Salary + Bonus + Benefits + Vacation.
About the company
Our client is a true Freight Forwarder with operations in Montréal, Toronto, Vancouver and the U.S.A. This includes agents around the world.
Our client’s strengths are broken into four main areas of activity: international freight forwarding, marine chartering, international projects, air freight.
Having a long-term relationship with this company, I can say that their very strong at developing relationships with clients that are looking to be a true partner. They are not just a quick transactional freight forwarder; they have been able to grow substantially over the years as they have amazing client and employee retention. The environment is very professional, but also provides a fun team work with and great mentors.
Why this position?
This position doesn’t only require the first stage of Export Freight Transactions, but you will be involved from A-Z with these with these moves. They have ongoing special project’s that they would like to include the export coordinator in. This is a fantastic position if you are looking to advance your career in Freight forwarding and are looking for great mentorship along the way.
Our export team in Montreal is currently looking for an Export Coordinator to work mainly in ocean freight within local markets. The incumbent is responsible for negotiating and quoting rates and related costings for submission to the client, initiating bookings (requesting and confirming) for mainly ocean export. This role requires the treatment of all documentation to the extent required by clients, and the processing of invoices for services rendered.
Responsibilities of this position are:
• Offer consistently excellent customer service by effectively coordinating customer and carrier requirements, answering all questions and freight forwarding needs by phone or email, and resolving all customer, carrier and loading facility issues in a timely basis;
• Submit bill of lading instructions to carriers in addition to preparing, processing, verifying for accuracy and dispatching all appropriate export documents for mainly ocean freight;
• Issue and/or approve invoices for customers and carriers.
The person we are looking to hire will have the following qualifications:
• Bilingual: French and English, spoken and written;
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience with a freight forwarder,
• Excellent computer skills (freight forwarding software)
If you have export freight forwarding experience we should be talking.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions Inc.
USA Toll-Free: 1855-900-3435
UK - London: 0333-344-8008
Ireland - Dublin: 01-531-3535