Sr. Procurement Manager
Min 5 years of National Procurement Management experience is a must
$110,000 to $140,000
Attractive Base Salary + Attractive Bonus + Benefits + profit sharing plan
Our client is a key player on major construction builds with a dominant name in the industry for construction supplies. They are in seek of a Sr. Procurement Manager in Vaughan Ontario and to lead the national procurement functions across the entire business group. The chosen candidate will have 5 + years within the construction building materials industry in a similar role and a proven track record of leadership.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Procurement Manager to own the accountability for their corporate procurement strategy across all divisions.
About the company;
- Salary – Very competitive salary
- Health benefits including drug and dental coverage, practitioners, vision, disability and life insurance
- Retirement savings – DPSP or other
- Perks – Company discounts (employee pricing, mobile phone plans, gym membership), recognition and training programs, opportunities for career advancement, group events and more....
Our client is very well known and respected in the industry with a very loyal client base. The company values and morals are very strong and they like to promote within. With locations nation wide, their employees are supported by a strong base and great leadership team. This company values their employees and treats them very fair which has resulted in a long term tenured employee rate.
The development of corporate products purchasing strategy. This includes;
Skills & Qualifications
- Developing and maintaining supplier relationships
- Negotiating vendor rebate/buying programs for the business or one or more of the divisions of the business.
- Participating in the negotiation of rebate/buying programs as warranted/requested
- Monitor and analyze supplier purchases by branch to ensure compliance with corporate commitments
- Monitor and make changes to supplier purchases to ensure rebate rate optimization
- Analyze pricing of key commodity products so as to ensure appropriate levels in context of product, vendor and purchase region
- Prepare regular reports (purchase tracking, cost analysis, plateau achievement etc.)
- Communicate details of and changes to all rebate/buying programs to management team
- Maintain physical or electronic records of all rebate/buying programs, price lists
- Investigate, analyze and promote new products/suppliers for the business
- Monitor market activity for key commodities on a national basis
- Monitor supplier activity on a national basis
- Act as liaison and facilitate dispute resolution between vendors and the company management team
- Foster vendor relationships with all levels of the company management team
- Liaise with members of the company executive team so as to facilitate strong communication of purchasing strategy
- Participate as required in various internal meetings oriented around development, monitoring and reporting on corporate strategies and goals
- Represent the company as required at various industry associations or supplier functions
- Work with corporate purchasing group as required to foster and promote a coordinated purchasing strategy
- Act as an ambassador of the company with all employees and customers
- 5+ years in procurement, preferably within the building materials industry
- Demonstrated expertise in negotiation and understanding of contract terms
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques
- Talent in negotiations and networking
- Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Exceptional accuracy and attention to detail
- Fluency in English and excellent written and verbal skills
- Strong time management and organization skills
- Advanced computer skills (Microsoft Office; especially in Excel and Word)
- Ability to perform under pressure and work in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to travel (some overnight travel required)
- A degree in business, supply chain management, or logistics
If you have the relevant skill set and are looking for a strong career move we should talk. Please apply.