Competitive Salary and Benefits
Construction, Power & Energy Industry
This is an excellent opportunity for an Intermediate Project Engineer to join a progressive and dynamic company in the power production and distribution industry. This is a unique company with an excellent platform to develop and grow further with a focus to expand and develop nationally.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our client is a power producer based in Calgary, Alberta that develops on-site power to gas generation facilities across the country. Their process is unique and has administered a variety of applications for this power generation including base-load power, co generation and flare to gas power production. These applications work exceptionally well for industrial operations in remote locations and for facilities that need to operate on a 24 hour basis without interruption of power failure from the grid. With clients in the industrial, manufacturing and oil and gas industry our client can expand into many different environments and operate efficiently and effectively for all it's users.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
The Project Engineer will be working on projects from inception to completion in the power industry specifically with projects focused in simple/combined cycle and co-generation power development. This individual will work directly with the Operations team and will assist in developing a strong process in project management with focus on safety, budgeting, scheduling and commissioning. With focus on remote facility development and construction the Project Engineer will need to have a thorough understanding of project management tasks and deliverables while following tight timelines and meeting milestones. With a small team the projects will be completed on time and on budget and the Project Engineer will assist in keeping contractors, sub contractors and Engineers on track to have the project completed. With local experience, excellent communication and presentation skills and a strong background in project management this individual will work with team members to complete projects ranging in size from small to large scale.
The ideal candidate for the Project Engineer position will have the following credentials;
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
- Bachelor's in Electrical Engineering (Master's in Engineering an asset)
- PMP and P.Eng designation recognized with APEGGA
- 7+ years' experience working in the power generation industry with 3+ years' experience as a Team Lead/Senior Engineer managing complex EPC power projects
- Experience with plant operations directly with simple and combined cycle co generation power plants
- Knowledge of high voltage transmission and substation systems with experience working with mid-scale power projects (100MW)
- Excellent project management experience working with projects from inception to completion
- Familiar with safety standards, codes, and bylaws applicable to the industry
- Experience leading a team and developing technical staff and sub consultants through a full construction process
- Strong client relations skills with strong interpersonal skills for further business development
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Excellent, entrepreneurial company with a strong collaborative team and amazing reputation in the industry
- Competitive compensation and benefits plan
- Opportunity for professional growth and development with opportunity to lead and implement new strategies
- Amazing opportunity to work directly with the Senior Leadership team on strategies to develop the company further
Role is being hired ASAP please submit your resume if you believe you are a fit for this position.