Real Estate Development
Our client, an established Multi-family Residential, fun-loving Real Estate Developer is looking for a Controller to join their growing team. This newly created role will be overseeing 4 Accountants and reporting to the Director, Finance.
What the Controller role encompasses:
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Controller will be responsible for duties associated with the accounting, finance, operations, and tax compliance for all Corporate entities and adhoc projects as assigned.
Controller, who you are:
- Hands on management of full cycle reporting for all related entities including project Joint-Ventures and Partnerships
- Financial reporting, cash modeling and forecasting, and treasury management
- Operational planning, budgeting and modeling
- Corporate / Group Tax compliance, compliance and filings with external accountants
- Oversee and/or maintain government and regulatory filings (GST, annual reports, etc)
- Full-cycle project accounting
- Accounting for rental portfolio operations, including preparation of CAM reconciliations, tenant invoices, and regular KPI reports
- Preparations and/or review of monthly project draws
- Assist as required reviewing and/or preparation of monthly, quarterly and year-end working papers including bank reconciliations, loan continuity schedules, interest tracking schedules for accuracy and integrity
- Assist in the overall information technology component of the company, including oversight of system architecture, users hardware and software, system analysis and selection, and IT policies and procedures
- Adhoc tasks as assigned
Salary & Benefits
- You are bright, hard-working, professional, confident, dynamic, fun and LOVE Real Estate!
- CPA Designated Accountant
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in Real Estate
- A minimum of 1-year experience in a Supervisory role
- Strong computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Office
- Comfortable in a data-heavy environment with the ability to distill relevant information from large amounts of raw data
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must be self-motivated with excellent interpersonal skills
- Have a keen attention to detail and passion to do things right
- Thrive in a team oriented, collaborative environment
Salary commensurate with experience, Benefits employer funded Dental / Medical, Growing Developer with opportunity for continued growth. An environment that values both hard work and fun, Beautiful Vancouver waterfront office to call home!
Similar Job Titles:
Senior Project Accountant
Senior Development Accountant
Only applicants with the legal right to work in Canada can be considered for this opportunity.
We thank all those who express interest in this opportunity however only those short-listed we be contacted.