HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST – EASTERN CANADA
LOCATION: Can be Montreal or Toronto
The Human Resources Generalist – Eastern Region will be responsible for supporting the company’s human resources strategy by overseeing HR administration, policies, programs and practices. The Human Resources Generalist supports the day-to-day operations of the HR department, collaborates with all other departments, and plays a key role in the communication of the business as an advisory to branch management.
- Supports open communications; contributes to the development of people policy and procedures to support the business and adhere to legal/regulatory compliance
- Provides day-to-day guidance and advisement to managers and to employees regarding HR programs, practices, and policy interpretation
- Guides line management on employee performance opportunities and improvement
- Assists in managing the performance appraisal review process and systems
- Undertakes analysis and reporting of HR Metrics: recruitment; turnover/retention; productivity, learning and other key performance indicators.
- Supports the HR department’s strategy through involvement with training, program and policy development initiatives
- Advises managers and employees on staffing policies and procedures; notifies applicants of results of selection process and prepares job offers
- Works closely with the HR Coordinator on recruitment activities
- Determine eligibility to entitlements, arrange staff training and recognition programs.
- Co-ordinates the termination of employment process; conducts exit interviews and/or coordinates exit surveys
- Fosters a customer focused orientation and a recognition based culture
- Participates in onboarding and orientation activities
- Works in partnership with Health, Safety and Environment team to assist in driving a health and safety culture and participates in the HSE Health Safety & Environment Committee
Technical Skills/Job Knowledge
- A university degree or college diploma in Human Resources Management or Business Management.
- Charter Professional in Human Resources (CPHR) designation or in progress towards completion is an asset.
- 4-6 years of experience in a generalist position related to HR management required. Other management level/customer focused experience is an asset.
- Knowledgeable with provincial legislation, HR resources and has demonstrated abilities in an advisory function
- Experience delivering HR services within a multi-unit operational environment preferred.
- Must be Bi-lingual (English/French), both fluent in verbal and written
- Knowledge of employment law and provincial regulation across multiple provinces
- Experience supporting a multi-site operational environment preferred.
- Must be computer savvy, experienced and knowledgeable with Microsoft Office Suite, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook (advanced Excel preferred).
- Familiarity and skill with the tools of the trade in human resources including HRIS, file management, and compensation & benefits administration.
- Occupational Health and Safety Regulation/ Worker’s Compensation knowledge an asset.