Competitive Salary and Benefits
Our large North American manufacturing client is seeking a capable and dynamic Plant Manager to manage their Toronto facility. Collaborating with the executive team the Plant Manager is critical in driving operational excellence and maximizing organizational growth and profitability throughout plant operations. The position is responsible for, directs and leads all local plant operations including the overall responsibility for production and ensuring a safe, efficient, ethical culture and work environment. The ideal candidate is a team player, focused on people development and performance of the operation. The Role:
The Ideal Candidate:
- Directs and manages all manufacturing operations with overall responsibility for production, maintenance, quality and other production-related activities to achieve effective and efficient use of facilities and human capital
- Provides leadership for employee relations through effective communications, coaching, training and development in a way that supports a positive work culture and models the company’s vision and values
- Reset culture of safety and deploy programs to ensure that each facility develops and is implementing a strategy to achieve world class safety levels.
- Establishes and monitors overall plant performance for safety, production and quality standards, working closely with Managers and Safety Teams.
- Controls and minimizes labor overtime, premium freight and repair expenses.
- Maintains existing plant facilities and equipment; replaces, or submits requests for adjustments to plant facilities and equipment when necessary and as needed
- Constantly improving production flow of all products, assists in developing plant layout in planning rearrangements of facilities, equipment and operations
- Coordinates plant activities through strategic planning
- Hires, trains, develops and mentors team.
- Responsible for plant level financial management, purchasing, inventory, capital expenditures, etc. also manages and analyzes monthly P&L for performance to budgets
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to achieve critical business objectives
- Develop and deploy appropriate plant processes in support of the company’s strategic vision
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
- 5+ years of manufacturing operations leadership experience
- Undergraduate university degree required. Engineering degree preferred. MBA is an asset.
- Relevant leadership experience directly managing a P&L
- Advanced knowledge and experience in production and manufacturing process improvement techniques and methodologies.
- LEAN manufacturing and/or production process experience a must
- Superior motivational skills and the ability to train, and drive initiatives to the production team
- Strong knowledge of business, finance, quality control systems and standards
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven capabilities in operations / supply chain management, lean manufacturing / operational excellence and policy deployment
- Ability to travel within North America
- Excellent, entrepreneurial company with a strong collaborative team and amazing reputation in the industry
- Competitive compensation and benefits plan
- Opportunity for professional growth and development with opportunity to lead and implement new strategies
- Amazing opportunity to work directly with the Senior Leadership team on strategies to develop the company further
Please apply directly if you feel like you are the right candidate and are excited about this excellent opportunity!