Supplier relationship experience is a must
Construction/Building Materials experience is an asset.
Attractive Base Salary + Benefits + Vacation
Reports to the VP
Our client, a construction / building materials business located in Langley, BC are looking for a Procurement Manager (65-80K) to be responsible for the selection of products and suppliers within an assigned category group. The Procurement Manager is also responsible for product category review and analysis. This is a fantastic position if you are looking to join an award winning business who are highly respected in the industry. The chosen candidate will have strong experience with Supplier Relationship management.
Our client is a leader in their industry with a well established image among their client base and competition. Their culture is one that respects and values their employees and always leads by example to promote and grow from previous years. Strong values and ethics within the organization has allowed them to prosper year after year. This is a fantastic company to work for with a senior leadership team strategically promoting within.
The Opportunity (20% Travel Sales)
This is a very exciting role with fantastic growth potential. The chosen candidate will be accountable for the selection of products and suppliers within an assigned category group to meet market and customer demand while ensuring that target margin levels and maximum profitability are maintained. The Procurement Manager is also responsible for product category review and analysis and development of strategic plans for product selection and competitive pricing to meet customer and dealer requirements in harmony with corporate goals.
The position of the Procurement Manager
plays a key role for the success and profitability within the organization. The areas of focus accountable for are as follows;
Pricing, Product and Vendor Selection, Category Review, Flyer Selection and Pricing, National Show, Staff Supervision, Dealer/Vendor support.
The successful candidate will have a "can do" attitude and experience in an environment that values teamwork and individual effort. This candidate will have a proven track record of vendor relationship management and delivering high level projects in a procurement role. Knowledge of the building materials, hardware and lumber industry will be considered an asset.
Product and Vendor Selection
- To review market pricing in order to negotiate better costs or commercial agreements with vendors.
- To align prices in accordance with the market to achieve company and dealer margins, targets and budgets.
- To select products which maximize profitability and meet customer and marketplace demands.
- To select vendors who will achieve sales objectives and target and maximizing the company’s profitability.
- To participate, as a member of the National Negotiating Team, to the negotiation of the yearly Vendors-Buyers Agreements.
- To ensure the proper and faithful execution of the agreed upon Vendors-Buyers Agreement.
Flyer Selection and Pricing
- To ensure the proper product mix that meets sales and budget objectives and maximizes profitability.
- To routinely review categories and sub-categories to ensure their productivity and competitiveness.
- To decide whether to promote or discontinue products based on their market performance.
- To ensure communication with suppliers.
- To select products within assigned product category for flyers, for the BC Region.
- To negotiate deals with suppliers to enhance sales and ensure margin levels.
- To establish retail and promotional prices based on market activity.
- To negotiate trade discounts and terms.
- To select which vendors will appear in the National Show.
- To support the BC Region dealers, ensuring to provide them with appropriate and timely information and Vendor support
- To monitor competitors’ markets nationally and internationally in order to maintain a competitive standing in the marketplace.