Lean Manager, Construction
Take your career to the next level with an International Construction Services company
Leads and supports at the Business Unit or Project Level efforts which are focused on enhancing customer value, nurturing a learning environment, facilitating continuous improvement processes, and maximizing project team collaboration.
General Manager, Operations Manager, or Regional Lean Manager. If assigned to a specific project, reports to the Project Executive or Project Manager. Has a dotted line reporting relationship to Regional Lean Manager.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities*:
- Change agent implementing strategies that develop and strengthen a lean enterprise culture in alignment with region and company goals and priorities
- Works daily with the team(s) in the utilization of the mechanics of Last Planner® System
- Is a key member of the Business Unit or Project Management team(s) providing insight, direction and strategic alignment to the business
- Utilizing the Launch Matrix, works with project teams to support a successful project launch
- Supports project teams in using Lean Roadmap as a planning tool to achieve project and company goals
- Provides a consistent presence on assigned projects working with each team in setting up Visual Management, the Last Planner® System, 5S, etc.
- Supports development and implementation of local project and BU improvement and innovation initiatives through workshops, training, coaching, etc. to teach and practice lean principles, methods and tools
- Works with Regional Lean Manager and others to share and learn from improvement efforts
- Works with Regional Lean Manager to implement standard work for own activities (LPS coaching, Lean Training, etc.)
- Implements improvement and innovation projects based on direction set by business unit/regional leadership
- Facilitates the establishment of a lean management system and culture
- Develops and conducts standard lean training throughout region as well as supporting national training programs on topics such as: Last Planner® System, lean problem solving & process improvement, lean leadership and culture
- Conducts regular project reviews with the Project Team, Operations Manager, and Regional Lean Manager to review project status, challenges, and opportunities and stablish measurable goals for improvement
- Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of five years’ related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.
- Proven written and verbal communication abilities; proficiency with computer applications, including Microsoft Office suite.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawings, specifications, scopes of work and project schedule.
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Last Planner ® System project experience (alternatively, completed Advancing Lean training program).
- General lean knowledge and experience.
- Preferred experience working with BIM and BIM staff.
- Curiosity and interest in life-long learning and personal development.
- Shows initiative (i.e., self-starter), patience, and perseverance. Has coaching mindset and skills.
- Extensive travel is required
While performing the duties of this job, the employee works on-site at the construction worksite where the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts; high precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise in this work environment is usually moderate to very loud.
Competitive salary, employee benefits, growth opportunities
Similar Job Titles:
Regional Lean Manager
Process Improvement Manager
Continues Improvement Manager
Senior Lean Manager
Only applicants with the legal right to work in Canada can be considered for this opportunity.
We thank all those who express interest in this opportunity however only those short-listed we be contacted.