Competitive Salary + Bonus + Benefits Package
Architecture & Design Firm
We are proud to be partnering with a well established architectural firm in Calgary as they search for a skilled and registered Architect to join their team. This firm boasts an impressive portfolio of work across Western Canada with some particularly modern and niche design work, and has a strong reputation in the industry.
- As Architect, you will have between 10 to 15 years of experience and be involved in the following:
- Works energetically with the project team in planning work and developing solutions to technical and design detail problems.
- Work with establishing, maintaining and adherence to project budget and schedule.
- Supervises preparation of technical drawings by other less experienced architects or professionals.
- Prepares client presentations and presents design concepts and drawings.
- Ensures that construction detail documentation conforms to QA/QC and Best Practice standards.
- Incorporates Integrated Sustainable Design solutions into projects.
- Fosters and maintains a collaborative professional working relationship with the Project Leadership Team
- Writes reports and memos to consultants and vendors to issue changes and track resolutions.
- Reviews completed reports, plans, estimates and calculations for coordination.
- Participates in team meetings to help resolve project issues, coordination with other disciplines, schedule adherence, and technical issues.
- Participates in project reviews regarding project costs, budgets and adherence to schedule.
- Communicates in a clear, concise, and professional manner at all times, both verbally and in writing and will have regular interface with clients.
- Applies proper QA/QC methods throughout project.
You will be assisting all manner of design, production drawings, and site visits. You will work on everything from schematic design through to construction but also assisting plans elevations, details and drawings. You will be working with Revit and a range of other software platforms, all time being a part of a collaborative team and working productively with other staff members to achieve project objectives. You will have strong design skills and creative ideas to come up with unique solutions for projects.
WHAT YOU NEED
WHAT YOU GET IN RETURN
- To be successful in this role, you will have between 10 and 15 years of experience as an Architect and be eligible to soon become registered, if not already, with the AAA.
- You will ideally have a range of project experience, ideally with some commercial, mixed use or institutional project work behind you.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work to deadlines is also essential.
- Excellent communications skills, ability to work confidently with clients
- Leadership potential
- An excellent compensation package
- Opportunity to grow and develop professionally, with plenty of support in advancing
- Support with skills and educational development
- An excellent leadership team
- Be part of a progressive, reputable and award winning company
If you're interested in this Architect role click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. We thank all candidates for their application, however, only candidates who meet the criteria above will be contacted.