Senior Mechanical Engineer
Competitive Salary Package
An opportunity exists in our client’s Calgary office for a highly motivated Senior Mechanical Engineer to join a multidisciplinary team. This company are a leading firm in Western Canada and have a well-established presence and a strong portfolio of work. They are well known for their excellent service delivery and are busy with many new projects in the pipeline.
In this senior role you will be responsible for the design and execution of projects ranging in size and complexity, with a focus on residential, mixed use, institutional and commercial and projects. The successful candidate will also be responsible for providing technical mentorship to junior and intermediate mechanical staff, developing and maintaining new and existing clients, coordinating skillsets with other teams and disciplines, and satisfying customer requirements.
Other responsibilities include:
- Coordinate and be responsible for mechanical engineering drawings and specifications.
- Nurture and maintain strong client relationships in and for execution of projects, and as appropriate participate in business development
- Support specific sales, proposal, and project efforts.
- Conduct peer reviews of engineering calculations, drawings and specifications within the mechanical team.
- Prepare technical specifications and documents for bidding and construction.
- Design building HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection systems.
- Assist in preparing detailed engineering design calculations.
- Assist with determining the scope and fee for proposed engineering services.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
- 15+ years of experience in Mechanical Engineering, with at least 8+ years of experience working with building projects (commercial, residential etc.). Predominantly Oil and Gas/Industrial experience will not be considered.
- Demonstrated technical writing skills; capable of writing reports, proposals, letters, and technical specifications.
- Demonstrates creativity, foresight and mature engineering judgment in anticipating and solving problems
- Thorough understanding of mechanical engineering concepts and ability to communicate ideas to others
- Strong knowledge of mechanical systems, means and methods, materials, and industry standards.
- Knowledge of and experience with high performance and sustainable building practices.
- Excellent knowledge of national and provincial building codes and standards.
- Working understanding of and familiarity with AutoCAD. Exposure to BIM and Revit will be an asset, so as to be able to review drawings.
- Good organization, coordination, and project management skills to maintain project schedules and budgets.
- Good verbal communication and soft skills - able to manage teams and lead projects.
- Able to work in a fast pace environment on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Play a lead role and have a significant contribution in the development and management of the mechanical engineering team
- Work for an excellent company with a strong presence in Canada
- Competitive compensation package, great benefits, minimum 4 weeks vacation
- Collaborative team culture
Role is being hired ASAP. Apply directly or contact Laura Shalev on 587 333 7929 wxt 712 for a confidential discussion.