Job Title: Accounting Manager
Industry Sector: Construction
Salary: $90,000 - $110,000 + benefits
Our client in the Construction industry is hiring an Accounting Manager!
About our client:
This company is a Canadian construction industry leader in residential and ICI sectors, and has been recognized as one of Canada's fastest growing companies. They are financially stable and successful and need to hire an Accounting Manager to work alongside the VP of Finance and operations management, supervise and train accounting staff, and perform key accounting responsibilities.
The main responsibilities of this role will be to manage the accounting and financial operations of the business which include and not limited to the preparation of the financial reports, month-end close, cash management and cash forecasting. Duties include but not limited to:
About the candidate:
- Prepare month-end and year end financial statements, and reports with commentary on performance on the various lines of business
- Monthly variance analysis comparing actual-to-estimate job costing
- Assist in the preparation of Project Status Reviews presentation to management
- Prepare and provide job cost reports, project audits, and change orders
- Coordinate and oversee the preparation of year-end audit working papers including assets, liabilities, revenues and expenditures
- Work closely with the external audit team ensuring all necessary critical information is available to them
- Implement an automated billing process that ensures full costing of work completed monthly
- CPA, CA, CMA or CGA is a nice-to-have, degree or diploma in Accounting required
- Experience in Construction or similar industry is a MUST HAVE, 4+ years
- Demonstrated staff supervision/management experience is required, as is the ability to train and support staff as needed
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles, job costing practices, project status reviews and audit, and reporting requirements
- Effective communication skills with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Strong Excel skills, Jonas Premier or similar construction ERP
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures
- A DOER, hands-on, roll-up-your-sleeves and get it done approach to work
This is an amazing opportunity to join a well established, reputable construction company, a place to grow and learn and be a part of a family of like-minded professionals for many years to come!
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas