Job: Instrument (A)
Location: Charlevoix, Michigan
Compensation: $34.61-34.79 hourly
As one of the largest cement producers in the world, my client operates over 20 cement plants throughout the world with a combined capacity of 40.5 million metric tonnes per annum. They manufacture a variety of cement for different purposes - normal, high-early strength, low heat hydration, and sulphate-resisting as well as other supplementary cementitious products - in bulk and as bagged product.
The Instrument (A) maintains, plan layouts, installs, repairs, adjusts and calibrates Plant instrument/ emissions monitoring equipment for operation as needed.
- Every employee is expected to promote a safe work environment and safe job performance by actively participating in all plant safety programs as directed by the Management
- Plan and complete instrumentation installations, repairs, modifications and maintenance
- Ability to use digital multimeters/calibrators to troubleshoot issue with field instruments
- Ability to understand and troubleshoot various plant control networks
- Ability to use computer(s) to troubleshoot and program plant control devices, as well as data entry
- Read, understand and follow written technical manuals and instructions
- Complete corrective, planned and predictive electrical maintenance programs on plant computers, instruments, communication, and control systems
- Measures, cuts, bends, threads, and installs electrical conduit systems
- Understand and use the National Electric Code
- Be capable of working on 5, 24, 120, 208, 240, 480 volt electrical systems
- Follow electrical safety standards while performing electrical tasks
- Keeps records on repair and calibration of instruments as needed for local, state and federal compliance
- Possess the ability to provide direction to lower level Instrument classifications
- Must be able to plan, organize, coordinate and communicate with regard to work performed
- Familiarity with items such as thermocouples, RTDs, weigh scales, process meters, and other process control devices along with gas analysis equipment and all connected tubing, wiring, etc
- Perform housekeeping tasks when necessary.
- Electronic Technical School Certificate and/or equivalent. Must hold a State of Michigan Masters or Journeyman's license. Willing to attend off-site training courses.
- Competitive hourly rate, Benefits, 401K Match & Paid Time Off
- Opportunity to advance your career
- Awesome environment that fosters a culture of growth, integrity and innovation!
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas