SALES MANAGER (FRESH PRODUCE)
As the Sales Manager, you are responsible for developing, maintaining and strengthen business relationships, assess business opportunities, read prospective buyers and develop compelling strategies. Implement strategic plans to grow accounts and drive revenue growth. You are experienced in dealing with food retailers i.e. Loblaws, Metro and Sobeys.
You are a sales-oriented professional who can connect with key business executives. You are passionate, engaged and driven, you are a strong communicator, and a relationship builder who can utilize their industry knowledge to develop and execute on a successful sales plan.
You will foster a culture of accountability, establishing a sense of integrity that encourages compliance and demonstrates CDS core values throughout the organization. You will yield smart business results through negotiation, problem solving, analytical skills, and effective prioritization to maximize stakeholder outcomes.
· Develops and implements strategic sales plans to existing and prospective clients
· Manages sales forecasting activities, set performance goals accordingly and action plan to increase sales
· Follows market trends, availability and prices, and maintains weekly price schedules
· Prepares periodic sales reports showing realized sales against forecasted sales
· Ensures profitability through monitoring margins
· Delivers presentations and negotiates sales opportunities to prospects
· Creates and develops a network of partners to generate leads
· Stays abreast of industry trends by attending relevant trade shows and conferences
· Attends and participate in key industry association events
· Attends meetings with customers to build relationships with existing accounts and prospects
· Creates proposals and contracts
· Ensures sales team complies with company policies, procedures and controls, and identify opportunities for improvement
· Oversee the recruiting, hiring, on-boarding, and mentoring of sales team members
· Evaluate sales team performance and provide additional coaching and support as needed
· Ensures customer master files, sales agreements and price schedule are maintained
· Works with sales team and customers relating to sales and promotion techniques
· Collaborates with stakeholders to resolve customer issues in a timely manner
· Liaise with the supply chain and general manager on matters relevant to the fulfilment of orders
· Bachelor’s degree in management would be an asset
· Minimum 3 years of leadership experience and 5 years of sales experience in the fresh produce industry.
· Minimum 2 years negotiation experience with grocery banner networks.
· Strong interpersonal, communication, presentation, and analytical skills
· Good knowledge of regional and national retail networks, and Food Service networks
· knowledgeable of sales methodologies and techniques, and proven track record of revenue growth
· Good presentation, strong written and verbal communication skills
· Effective planning and objective goal-setting skills along with self-control and commitment to ensure completion of plans and tasks
· Great knowledge of MS Office (specifically Excel)
· Knowledge of SAP would be an asset
· Skilled at leading successful teams and getting the most out of each member on their team
· Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, fast paced, dynamic environment
· Strong problem resolution skills to create “win-win” scenarios with customers
· Bilingual (French and English), verbal and written
· Great team player
· Attractive compensation package and performance-based bonus program
· Performance-driven culture with an opportunity to work with passionate people
· Allowance in support of your professional development
· Collaborative work environment
· Cell phone and laptop
CDS is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, ancestry, colour, place of origin, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, family status or marital status, or any other protected category recognized by provincial or federal laws.
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas||469.498.2002|