Our client is one of the most respected outfits in the residential space delivering mid-rise & high-rise projects across the GTA. They are looking to bring in a Site Superintendent with wood experience to their roster, the incumbent must have full cycle site super experience in the residential construction space.
As a Site Supervisor
, you will play a key role in our success as you:
- Follow and consistently demonstrate our client’s Core Values and Leadership Drivers.
- Supervise, coordinate, and plan activities of site personnel, sub-trades and other contractors.
- Assist in determining method of construction, manpower levels, material quantities, equipment, temporary power sources, and work schedule, and document actual hours worked.
- Maintain daily site log documenting work progress, deficiencies, and follow-up action required.
- Ensure that complete, up-to-date project documents (drawings, specifications, change notices, etc.) are maintained on site at all times, and confirm site personnel and sub-trades are working with the most current documentation.
- Ensure that job site is kept clean and clear of debris and hazards at all times through enforcing trade clean-up requirements and regular inspection.
- Maintain job site safety board throughout entire duration of project and ensure all signage and demarcation of work areas are in place at all times.
- Maintain liaison with the Project Manager’s office, consultants and authorities to ensure work complies with drawings, specifications and local codes.
- Assist in resolving construction problems (lack of productivity, work interfaces, etc.) as required.
- Monitor site personnel and sub-trade compliance with health and safety requirements, and document and ensure corrective measures are implemented.
- Enforce the client’s Health and Safety policy, and ensure all personnel attending the site have had proper safety orientation and have Safety decals visible on their hard hats.
- Ensure all required inspections, materials, equipment, etc., and support personnel activities are coordinated with project schedule.
- Communicate problems and information requests efficiently to avoid schedule disruption and unplanned costs.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
As a Site Supervisor
, you will apply your:
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Commitment to our organization’s progressive culture, including our company Core Values and Leadership Drivers.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in ICI projects, with at least 5 years in a supervisory role.
- Engineering or Architectural degree or diploma would be considered an asset.
- Valid class G driver’s license and clean driver’s abstract.
- Proven knowledge of construction technology, documentation, methods, equipment, tools and work procedures.
- Good understanding of construction scheduling, cost control, and quality control, and excellent ability to supervise and direct groups of trades and personnel.
- Strong knowledge of construction site operations, including Occupational Health and Safety compliance.
- Proven leadership and problem-solving capabilities and ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of the project management team.
- Computer literacy (an asset), i.e., Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, VolView/AutoCAD.
- Physical ability to stand for extended periods of time, lift heavy objects, as well as operate equipment and tools, and handle construction materials in performance of construction tasks.
Job Types: Full-time, Temporary, Contract
- Company car
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Mid Rise Project: 8 years (preferred)
- Mid Rise Supervisor: 5 years (preferred)
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas