POSITION AVAILABLE: Site Superintendents
REPORTS TO: Project Manager to the Contractor and the Owner
Our client is a builder for a developer/property manager responsible for 21 operating hotels and 500+ apartments spread across multiple developments, our client has grown to be one of the top residential developers and operators in Ontario. They are known to be an award-winning leader in property management and development with over $300 million in active construction works currently underway.
Our client has an immediate need for a Senior Superintendent with high-rise construction experience (10-40 stories). Familiarity with precast and modular construction is an asset. Experience with multi-unit residential developments is required (hotel, apartment, mixed-use commercial/residential).
The Site Superintendents will play a key leadership role on the project. Reporting through the Project Manager to the Contractor and the Owner, the Site Superintendent will take ownership of all on-site activities for their assigned development projects.
Start Date: Immediately
Site Superintendent Job Responsibilities:
- Be the primary driver of all site activities and ensure that all work is completed according to design, within budget, to project schedule, and at the required standard for quality
- Ensure the site is organized and adheres to the requirements defined in the Occupational Health and Safety Program
- Assemble the job site safety committee and chair the required job site safety meetings
- Conduct safety orientations and training sessions
- Maintain an organized job site, including the construction office
- Mitigate site-level issues as they arise and escalate issues to management when necessary
- In conjunction with the Project Manager, conduct bi-weekly trade meetings.
- Ensure that “as-built” drawings are prepared on an ongoing basis by all sub-trades during the construction period.
- Coordinate all municipal inspections
- Maintain open communication with the Project Manager and other members of the management team
- Provide progress reports on site activities
- Prepare and expedite project deficiency lists
- Site Superintendent Qualifications:
- For the senior site superintendent role, 15+ years’ experience as a Site Superintendent on significant and comparable construction projects
- For the site superintendent roles, 15+ years’ experience as a Site Superintendent on significant and comparable construction projects
- Minimum eight years of current Ontario mid / high rise construction experience
- College diploma or a university degree in a construction related field
- A deep commitment to site safety and to creating and maintaining a positive site environment
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills including effective listening skills
- An eagerness to work collaboratively with the in-office project management team;
- A proven ability to leverage his/her extensive construction experience to resolve issues, to assist others on-site, and to generally contribute to job completion strategy
- Tactful and mature demeanor with well-developed interpersonal skills including the ability to work well with diverse personalities.
- Demonstrated analytical, problem solving and time management skills
- Experience in effectively handling a wide range of construction trades and suppliers.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products; Word, Excel, Project, Outlook
Familiarity with Autodesk products (Autodesk Construction Cloud, PlanGrid, AutoCAD, Revit) an asset.
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas