Real Estate Development
Fraser Valley, BC
Our client, an established, Fraser Valley based, Residential Real Estate Developer seeks a Director of Finance with aspirations of professional growth!
Director, Finance Duties:
Finance Department Management
• Oversee all aspects of the finance department, staff, and day to day operations
• Finance department employee hiring, goal setting, tracking, mentoring and performance monitoring
• Review and implementation of finance and administration policies, procedures, and internal controls
• Analyzing and interpreting financial data
• Developing and maintaining relationships with company lenders, accountants, legal counsel and insurers
Current finance department includes a Senior Accountant and Accounts Payable employee. Director of Finance would be responsible for managing both + an Administrator.
• Ensure that all the company’s financial practices comply with statutory regulations and legislation
• Preparing/reviewing year-end working paper files and liaising with external accountants
• Securing insurance for liability, property, and construction
• Processing all Landowner Transparency Registrations
• Review and management of Property Assessment appeals and payment
• Preparing year-end financial statements for Infinity managed Joint Ventures
• Annual Reports
• Shareholder, joint venture, and management agreement coordination
• Shareholder loan management
• Corporate tax planning
• Dividend planning and execution
• Implementation and maintenance of internal financial controls
The finance department currently is responsible for the management of 40 different corporate entities.
• Cashflow forecasting and planning
• Intercompany cash flow management & transfers
Legal & Conveyancing
• Overseeing land purchase contracts and conveyancing
• Overseeing land, building lot and unit sales conveyancing
• Arrange and manage corporate lines of credits
• Prepare financing packages and applications
• Pursue and administer property and construction financing
• Manage loan draw requirements and project reporting
• Maintain employee files for all staff
• Oversee employee onboarding, agreements and offboarding
• Oversee payroll
• Manage employee benefits
14 office and 17 site staff under employment.
• Produce operational cost reports, statements, and analysis upon request
• Monthly and project milestone budgeting and reporting
• Project partner and investor liaison and reporting
• Annual KPI reports
• Annual consolidated corporate profit reports
26 active development and/or construction projects at various stages that they are currently working on.
• Manage project investment proposals
• Corporate partnership structuring
• Financial projections and reporting
• Investor relations and management
• Manage finances for project investments in US (6 active projects currently)
• Financial and corporate management for the Foundation
• Oversee IT systems
• Input into corporate strategic planning and attendance of their strategic planning sessions and outings
• As a member of the senior leadership team, build relationships and help provide leadership to all staff members
Director, Finance Requirements:
• A minimum of 10 years progressive financial management experience, preferably in a multi-company environment
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting
• CPA designation
• Advanced computer literacy including various IT and accounting systems
• Proficiency in all aspects of corporate accounting and a strong knowledge of GAAP
• Strong analytical skills & business acumen
• Ability to develop, mentor, and lead finance department teams
• Forward thinking, results oriented
• Experience managing multi-company cash flow
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
Similar Job Titles:
Financial Planning and Analysis
Only applicants with the legal right to work in Canada can be considered for this opportunity.
We thank all those who express interest in this opportunity however only those short-listed we be contacted.
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas