is one of the larger privately-owned construction companies in North America. Over the last year, they’ve grown continuously due to our employees’ performance, but mostly through their passion, focus, and determination. They have been in business since 1948. Their presence in the construction industry over more than half a century has led them to an unparalleled understanding of the industry, allowing to provide clients with a sense of complete trust and confidence.
The Superintendent (Finishing) is responsible for supervising and directing activities of construction craftsman within an assigned domain and receives routine supervision and direction in the performance of assigned responsibility. They will also receive technical and operational direction from the assigned supervising Project Superintendent.
What You’ll Do:
What You’ll Need:
- Liaise with project team to ensure that interior finishes are completed in compliance with construction schedule, budget and contract documents
- Assist the Superintendent with the execution of the interior finishes in compliance with contract documents, sub contracts/agreements, shop drawings, including the coordination and execution of change orders
- Coordinate and direct sub-contractor activities within the area of responsibility
- Analyze manpower, material, equipment requirements, and interfaces the requirements with others
- Implement and enforces policies, procedures, and related work rules as established by field construction management
- Prepare reports and forecasts, as required, and keep supervisors informed on progress of overall assigned activities
- Assist Superintendents in the preparation of construction methods, schedules, manning charts, and material and equipment requirements
- Supervise and direct subordinate manual and non-manual personnel, as assigned
- Ensure safety standards and requirements are implemented and adhered to by craftsmen and others when in the operational area
- Ensure tools and equipment are in safe condition and operated safely
- Assist in the administration of a security plan to coordinate the activities with all parties
- Asist in the participation of contract negotiations
- Ensure corporate policies and procedures are fully implemented
What We’ll Offer You:
- Degree in Architecture, an Engineering or Scientific discipline, or specialized courses in Construction Management or equivalent experience and training
- Experience working as a Finishing superintendent (8 years Minimum)
- WHMIS certification in fall protection training
- Knowledge of a single or multi-discipline construction or engineering operation relating to field activities
- Must be able to recognize that a problem exists in their area of responsibility, and report and receive direction from the supervisor
- Determine the priority of assignments based on critical deadlines that must be met
- Must be able to communicate with all participants involved within the construction project
- Management skills and administrative experience
- Written and oral communication skills
- Must possess computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (experience with project management software an asset)
- Proven leadership abilities
- Competitive compensation package
- Collaborative but challenging work environment
- Early departure on Fridays for summer months
- Prime office location in Ottawa downtown area
- Completely renovated office space
- Free coffee every day
- Frequent team bonding activities
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas