Mechanical Engineer - Healthcare buildings
Potential to start in a leadership position within the firm
Competitive Salary Package
An opportunity exists in our client’s Calgary office for a highly motivated Mechanical Engineer. This company, a reputable firm with a strong presence across North America, is looking to support its continued industry growth with the development of a Healthcare Studio in Canada, given they have a number of large healthcare projects coming into their pipeline over the next few months. Previously, they have been outsourcing their healthcare projects on the engineering side, except in the USA. This company are well established and have a strong portfolio of work across many sectors.
In this role you will be responsible for working through various phases healthcare projects, ranging in size and complexity - from medical clinics to large hospitals. The successful candidate will have solid experience and be able to work through all phases of healthcare projects. They will have plenty of support from the principal engineer but should be comfortable to work autonomously at times. The role will also involve coordinating skill sets with other teams and disciplines, and satisfying project delivery requirements on the project management side with the support of technical and design staff. This role has huge potential for advancement, as the studio will require a practice/studio lead to manage a team as the healthcare sector grows within the firm, and the role could eventually grow into an Associate Principal position.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
- Registered Engineer with APEGA or eligible to become registered, preferred
- 8+ years of experience working in Mechanical Engineering, with at least 2+ years or more of experience working with healthcare building projects (Predominantly Oil and Gas/Industrial experience will not be considered without the relevant healthcare experience)
- Demonstrated technical writing skills; capable of writing reports, proposals, letters, and technical specifications.
- Strong design skills for creating complex designs for HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection systems.
- Demonstrates creativity, foresight and mature engineering judgment in anticipating and solving problems
- Thorough understanding of mechanical engineering concepts and ability to communicate ideas to others
- Strong knowledge of mechanical systems, means and methods, materials, and industry standards.
- Knowledge of and experience with high-performance and sustainable building practices.
- Excellent knowledge of national and provincial building codes and standards.
- Exposure to BIM and Revit will be an asset, so as to be able to review drawing, as well as AutoCAD
- Good organization, coordination, and project management skills to maintain project schedules and budgets.
- Good verbal communication and soft skills - able to manage teams and lead projects.
- Able to work in a fast pace environment on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Able to collaborate with Architects and projects teams to ensure design requirements are met and to solve design problems and technical issues
- Nurture and maintain strong client relationships in and for execution of projects
- Experience conducting peer reviews of engineering calculations, drawings and specifications within the mechanical team.
- Some contract administration experience
- Energy/sustainability experience an asset
- Possesses leadership potential
- Be located in either Edmonton or Calgary, occasional travel across North America may be required
- Work for an excellent company with a strong presence in Canada
- The competitive compensation package, great benefits
- Work both in office and from home with a hybrid model - with up to 4 days working from home, with flexibility around when you start and finish
- Opportunity for professional growth, continuing education support
- Collaborative team culture
- Immediate Advancement opportunity
Keywords: Mechanical Designer, Studio Lead, Lead Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Engineer, Intermediate Mechanical Engineer, APEGA, Healthcare Engineer, Senior Mechanical Engineer, Edmonton, Calgary, Alberta, Western Canada, Toronto, Senior Mechanical Engineer
Job ID #16033511
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas