Our client is Canada's largest community builder, delivering back to back high-rise communities from coast to coast. They have close to 100 years of experience and have presence in Asia, Europe as well as the Americas.
The key responsibilities of the position include but are not limited to:
This position requires:
- Accountable for the planning and scheduling of a construction project, reviews the strategy for the project, site conditions, environmental health & safety requirements of the work, oversees the quality of work performed and ensures the work is completed on schedule
- Ensures construction work complies with all engineering standards, codes, specifications and design parameters; conducts quality control activities in accordance with instruction and inspection programs
- Manages and co-ordinates the work performed by consultants, contractors and sub-trades to ensure compliance with contractual obligations and achievement of expected quality and workmanship; effectively manages any disruptions or disputes
- Develops project budgets and schedules; controls expenditures and procures goods and services within approved authorization and in accordance with applicable organizational procedures; ensures accurate quality reporting is being conducted
- Manages and maintains the drawing function by providing clear trackable and coordinated interpretations of the design / drawings for construction; makes recommending solutions for design concerns (including conflicts, inferences and error/omissions)
- Performs document control functions in accordance with on-site policy and procedures, including tracking and creating RFI’s, transmitting and tracking of submittals and maintaining project expediting list
- Verifies that permits have been obtained and that copies are in the project file and at the site; facilitates utility requirements, distributes construction completion certificates and ensures the occupancy permit is issued
- Co-ordinates submittals and processes all close out documents including warranties and operating and maintenance manuals; monitors the accurate generation of as-built documents
- Post-secondary education in Construction or Engineering related fields
- A minimum of seven years related experience in building construction services and processes, at least three years of which is at the Project Management level
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, field drawings and plans
- Strong leadership, management, communication, delegation, planning, problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Experience with Construction Safety and Building Codes and Standards is essential
- Must have good working knowledge of trade unions, their agreements and stipulations
- Working knowledge of scheduling and project management software
- Works positively within a team to achieve a common goal of completion of the project
- Must have the ability to simultaneously handle a large and diverse number of projects, tasks and issues with tact, cooperation, and persistence
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet
- Ability to work both independently with minimal supervision and as an integral part of a team
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a high degree of professionalism
- Methodical; ability to plan and organize with good attention to detail
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to grow with an established company. The client offers a competitive benefits package and remuneration commensurate with experience.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted for an interview, please inform us should accommodation be required.
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas