Structural Technologist (Buildings)
Relocate to beautiful Regina
Competitive salary and benefits
Our client in Regina has a position available for a Structural Technologist. This position is r
esponsible for providing support to the design team and assisting with contract administration and system drawings.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to take the next step in their career and join a dynamic multi-disciplinary firm. This firm is well established across the country and has a growing presence in Western Canada. They need a talented Structural Technologist who is capable of working collaboratively and
assisting with other discipline Technologist tasks as required to ensure project success.
- Analysis, calculations, design and detailing of Structural systems for all projects
- Prepare contract drawings, specifications, schedules, details, and sketches from conceptual design through to construction, for both new buildings and renovations
- Prepare Tekla/Revit/AutoCAD drawings for structural systems including layouts, specifications, and construction & technical details pertaining to structures & foundations as required
- Perform the design and produce drawings for Structural design elements (beams, trusses, piles, foundations, etc.)
- Liaise with clients, authorities & contractors as required
- Coordination with sub-consultants as required
- Investigate preliminary Structural layout options during the planning and schematic design process to meet the clients’ requirements
- Preparation of cost estimates, tender contract documents and Engineering reports
- Prepare conceptual and detailed design calculations, layouts, sketches, specifications which meet needs and, comply with sound engineering practices and standards
- Perform the contract administration duties on the projects including attending meetings, travel as required, submittal reviews, supplemental instructions, price requests, site inspections with reports, meeting minutes, and all other aspects of the project
- Coordinate and follow up with project issues
- Review, evaluate, and improve upon Engineering designs, drafting, schematics and specifications
- Support the Building Design Team as required, collaborate with other internal building design departments (ie. Architecture, Interior Design, Mechanical, Electrical & Civil) to ensure project success
- Knowledge of National Building Code of Canada (NBCC), Structural Codes, and industry practice & regulations/applicable Codes having jurisdiction
- Project cost monitoring and schedule control as requested
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
- 3+ years’ experience in a Consulting office, with experience in design development, detailed design, design coordination, and contract admin construction services
- Must have either a certificate in Engineering Design and Drafting Technology or Structural Engineering Technology
- Proficiency with Tekla, StaadPro, AutoCAD software is required. Proficiency with AutoDesk Revit considered an asset
- Required to work on multiple projects and collaborate with a team of Architects, Engineers and Technologists
If you believe this is the right fit for you and you meet the requirements above, click apply. Role is being hired ASAP.
Keywords: Structural Technologist, Design Coordination, D
- Amazing opportunity for growth
- Excellent compensation and benefits
- Great management team and a lot of support
- Reputable and well-established company
Construction Services, Contract Administration Consulting Office
, Regina, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Nisku, Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta, British Columbia, Winnipeg
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas