Mechanical Engineer - Healthcare buildings
Competitive Salary Package
An opportunity exists in our client’s Edmonton office for a highly motivated Mechanical Engineer with experience working on healthcare projects, to join a well established team as a discipline lead.
This company, a reputable firm with a strong presence across North America, is looking to support its continued industry growth with the development of a Healthcare Studio in Canada, given they have a number of large healthcare projects coming into their pipeline over the next few months. Previously, they have been outsourcing their healthcare projects on the engineering side, except in the USA. This company are well established and have a strong portfolio of work across many sectors.
This position is open to individuals of various levels of experience, provided they have some healthcare project experience behind them, but ideally this individual would be a leader so to help the growth of the department. The role could potentially begin as an Associate position for the right individual and grow into a Principal position in time - there is huge potential for advancement for the right individual.
In this role you will be responsible for the design and execution of projects ranging in size and complexity, with a focus on healthcare and institutional buildings. The successful candidate will have experience creating complex mechanical design systems for these types of projects and be able to work through all phases of the projects. They will have plenty of support from the principal engineer but should be comfortable to work autonomously at times. The role will also involve coordinating skill-sets with other teams and disciplines, and satisfying project delivery requirements, both on the design and technical side.
Other responsibilities include:
- Design building HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection systems.
- Coordinate and be responsible for mechanical engineering designs, drawings and specifications.
- Collaborate with Architects and projects teams to ensure design requirements are met and to solve design problems and technical issues
- Work with senior leadership
- Project Management
- Nurture and maintain strong client relationships in and for execution of projects,
- Support specific proposal, and project efforts.
- Conduct peer reviews of engineering calculations, drawings and specifications within the mechanical team.
- Assist in preparing detailed engineering design calculations.
- Site visits, possibly some contract administration
- Assist and mentor other staff as the healthcare studio grows.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
- Registered Engineer with APEGA or eligible to become registered, preferred
- 9+ years of experience in Mechanical Design, with at least 2+ years of experience working with healthcare building projects (Predominantly Oil and Gas/Industrial experience will not be considered without the relevant healthcare experience)
- Demonstrated technical writing skills; capable of writing reports, proposals, letters, and technical specifications.
- Strong design skills for creating complex designs for HVAC, Plumbing and Fire Protection systems.
- Demonstrates creativity, foresight and mature engineering judgment in anticipating and solving problems
- Thorough understanding of mechanical engineering concepts and ability to communicate ideas to others
- Strong knowledge of mechanical systems, means and methods, materials, and industry standards.
- Knowledge of and experience with high performance and sustainable building practices.
- Excellent knowledge of national and provincial building codes and standards.
- Working understanding of and familiarity with AutoCAD. Exposure to BIM and Revit will be an asset, so as to be able to review drawings.
- Good organization, coordination, and project management skills to maintain project schedules and budgets.
- Good verbal communication and soft skills - able to manage teams and lead projects.
- Able to work in a fast pace environment on multiple projects simultaneously.
Keywords: Mechanical Designer, Mechanical Engineer, Engineer, Intermediate Mechanical Engineer, APEGA, Healthcare Engineer, Senior Mechanical Engineer, Edmonton, Calgary, Alberta, Western Canada, Toronto, Senior Mechanical Engineer
- Work for an excellent company with a strong presence in Canada
- Competitive compensation package, great benefits, minimum 3+ weeks vacation
- Work both in office and from home - with up to 3 or 4 days working from home, with flexibility around when you start and finish
- Opportunity for professional growth, continuing education support
- Collaborative team culture
Job ID #15925210
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas