Located in the beautiful area of Tumbler Ridge/Chetwynd in Northern BC, the employer is looking for a skilled Maintenance Supervisor to help in the operations of an open pit coal mine!
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for supervising maintenance staff, and to ensure equipment is maintained and repaired in a safe, effective and efficient manner.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise maintenance staff and ensure that the Company’s equipment is maintained and repaired in a timely and efficient manner.
- Conduct daily tool box and monthly safety meetings, correcting any deficiencies as soon as possible.
- Conduct incident investigations and have a copy in the managers hands within 12 hours.
- Supervise, coordinate and schedule the activities of the assigned crew to effectively optimize the utilization of resources; man-power, tools, equipment, and parts towards the goal of optimum equipment availability.
- Ensure the highest availability of mining equipment and minimize equipment down time.
- Work with planning to ensure that the PM & work schedule is maintained according to plan and communicating otherwise.
- Work 12 hour shifts (7 days on / 7 days off)
Qualifications and Experience
- Red Seal Certification (Heavy Duty Equipment Technician) is preferred. Technologist certificate or engineering degree in a relevant discipline will also be considered.
- Experience working on heavy mining equipment and ancillary equipment used in open pit coal mining such as shovels, drills, haul trucks, loaders, dozers and excavators.
- Several years of maintenance supervisory experience in an open pit mining or similar environment.
- Several years hands-on (non-supervisory) experience in the repairs and servicing of mining equipment.
- Experience in environmental management processes with particular reference to spill avoidance, containment and report.
- Involvement in the implementation of safety programs would be an asset.
- Valid Mine Supervisor Certificate OR Eligible for a Provisional Mine Supervisor Certificate
Skills and Abilities
- Know and understand mine equipment safety standards.
- Competence in the maintenance and servicing of mobile mining equipment.
- Competence in the operation and maintenance of a maintenance facility and the tools and equipment involved.
- An understanding of short and long term planning objectives with the ability to prioritize.
- Ability to mentor employees and possess excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Possess strong problem-solving ability, with particular attention to the details.
- Build strong working relationships with employees and contractors and demonstrate integrity, empathy, sincerity and respect.
- Computer skills including the use of Microsoft software packages.
- Ability to act and make decisions with integrity, good judgment, and discretion.
- Coordinate input from various sources as to equipment status and make technically sound decisions.
- Have a proven ability to motivate employees to work safely and achieve operational targets.
- Lead by example, posses a positive attitude and be a good ambassador for the company.
Wage & Benefits
- 130k+ Annual Base Salary
- Monthly Mine Efficiency Share
- Quarterly Retention Bonus
- Annual Performance Bonus
- Annual $375.00 Boot and Clothing Allowance
Wage and Benefits
The employer provides competitive wages and benefits. Benefits include paid vacation, 7% RRSP matching and extended health and dental care.
Work Location / Travel
Employee bus transportation is available from Town to Mine.
Please be advised that camp accommodations or Fly-In Fly-Out opportunities are not offered. This role is for a permanent relocation.
Thank you for your interest in this job posting.
We look forward to hearing from you.
TalentSphere Staffing Solutions
|USA - Dallas